Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20th Anniversary of Singapore Airlines in Canada

Just got this invitation in the mail:

An invitation to an evening of celebration with Singapore Airlines as we mark our 2oth Anniversary in Canada.

We look forward to you joining us for a cocktail reception on this milestone occasion.

While you celebrate Canada Day, we'd like to celebrate you.
    The world's most awarded airline thanks you for 20 great years - and counting - in Canada.

Attire: Business

I am just wondering who else will come to the party.
    yvrcnx, are you going to go?

Been a while since any invite to an SQ event. SQ still loves SQ LPP though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      Been a while since any invite to an SQ event. SQ still loves SQ LPP though.
      I don't feel love by SQ.
      Look at this post I made... SQ doesn't love me.
      No money... No love. Any one can find me a sugar daddy?
      Anyhow, it seems individual travelers are not a priority anymore for SQ. Seems travelers whose traveled paid by big companies are the ones that they are looking after.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Anyhow, it seems individual travelers are not a priority anymore for SQ. Seems travelers whose traveled paid by big companies are the ones that they are looking after.
        ... until the next major downturn/SARS/avian flu.

Comment

It is interesting indeed to see how "management" mind works. For couple years already when talking to those check-in agents, or lounge staff or gate agents, when there is a delay, the biggest pita would be those travelers. Suddenly they can't think how to handle the situation. They scream and are loosing temper. But those individual travelers and the F pax, generally they are calmer. Oh and I have heard so many shocking stories regarding those biz travelers who demanded compensation.

Look at one example how biz traveler can get away with inconsideration. There is a thread regarding "bang on the door" because these travelers needed to send urgent e-mail, thus missing the 10 minutes cut-off. It's a plain and simple. If he/she is just a leisure traveler, I am sure opening the door after closing would not happen.
          And yeah, if I were the boss of those pax who made the urgent e-mail, I would not be pleased reading what had happened.

Comment

Update

Yes, I did RSVP for the occasion. I heard that the current VP Canada will leave soon, and will be replaced by an Indonesian. Perhaps StarG can shed the light!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              Just got this invitation in the mail:

An invitation to an evening of celebration with Singapore Airlines as we mark our 2oth Anniversary in Canada.

We look forward to you joining us for a cocktail reception on this milestone occasion.

While you celebrate Canada Day, we'd like to celebrate you.
              The world's most awarded airline thanks you for 20 great years - and counting - in Canada.

Attire: Business

I am just wondering who else will come to the party.
              yvrcnx, are you going to go?
              I am sorry SQLPP, I will be on SQ17 on June 28th to SIN and won't be back until July 15th.
              It seems each time there is something exciting happening here in YVR with regards to SQ I am leaving on SQ.

By the way I didn't receive this invitation, I am just not loved like you are.

Comment

yvrcnx, did you get the invitation?
                Anyone else?

Comment

The Party

Yes, I went to the party last night. It was wonderful. I arrived and leaved in style. Yeah, by walking wearing suite to the Vancouver Aquarium at Stanley Park from my flat.

We will have a new VP Canada. An Indonesian who is an avid golfer.

Love to be with all the SQ staff I have known for few years. They are all wonderful. One staff from the airport and one staff at the office had worked from day one 20 years ago when SQ started the service to Canada.

And a memento from the party is here.

Have a wonderful flight back to Singapore today!

Comment

Working...
                  X