Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Business class and First class

Hi,

May I know in general terms, what is the difference between Business class and First class?

Sorry, never flew in any of these class before so therefore curious.

Thanks.

cue SQ lurker...

Comment

Aiyoh............. no lah.........

Just wondering should I try business class to BKK. I can't possibly like the rest of you guys travel Business Class or First Class to Narita or LAX.

So maybe I can afford BKK one.

Comment

you can try LX business class .

cheaper than SQ..

Comment

Mousehunt

Check this thread - http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4031

Comment

Originally posted by laimd View Post
            you can try LX business class .

cheaper than SQ..
            LX business class from SIN to BKK is cheaper than SQ, and is a proper long haul business class seat compared to regional business class seat SQ is utilizing for the sector.

Comment

To answer the OP's question , a high-level view of the differences between SQ F and C for SIN-BKK would list:
              • Wider seats and bigger seat pitch in F vs. C
              • Heftier servings and IMHO a better selection for the meals, plus Dom/Krug for the champagne
              • Higher cabin crew-to-pax ratio, which means service with a more personal touch and a less frenetic feel (in addition to getting a more experienced cabin crew in general)
              • Access to F lounges at SIN and BKK ( particularly at BKK)
              • More miles (how much more depends on your FFP)

Gracious SQ service is a given in both cabins.

For many people, it's a short enough flight that if you're paying, C Class usually gives greater bang for the buck. But if you're redeeming miles, it's a nice way to pamper yourself in F for a couple of hours.
              Last edited by jjpb3; 18 May 2008, 10:16 PM. Reason: wording
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                For many people, it's a short enough flight that if you're paying, C Class usually gives greater bang for the buck. But if you're redeeming miles, it's a nice way to pamper yourself in F for a couple of hours.
                True true. But OTOH, sometimes the difference between C tix and F tix isn't that much, maybe as little as $100 USD roundtrip. So if you're going to pay $900 for Business, why not pay $1000 for First?

That's how I'm looking at it for a special trip in December, anyway. It's my big year-end trip with Mr. Megatop, and we have to route through SIN on the way to Indonesia. Will probably do at least Business, so why not throw away a little more $$$ and go for First? The dollar is sinking so fast, I need to spend it before we go through a shock devaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                  But OTOH, sometimes the difference between C tix and F tix isn't that much, maybe as little as $100 USD roundtrip. So if you're going to pay $900 for Business, why not pay $1000 for First?
                  Indeed, why not? The difference in the experience more than makes up for that price differential. We're on the same wavelength, MtL.
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 18 May 2008, 11:57 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

You can so easily drink >$100's worth of the Dom and Krug, although the subsequent hangover might not be quite so welcome...!

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                      ... although the subsequent hangover might not be quite so welcome...!
                      Easily rectified with more booze. Cue - my avatar...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

crdaus provided an important update about the champagne selection on SIN-BKK, but I thought that deserved its own thread. So please consult this thread for that news item.

Thanks,

jjpb3

Comment

Working...
                        X