Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 77W diverted

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...344274/1/.html

Goodness, seems to be quite a regular thing these days!

Comment

SQ862/862 SIN-HKG-SIN has been downgraded from a 77W to a 773 on the 29th of Apr.

Comment

Originally posted by dnllam View Post
        SQ862/862 SIN-HKG-SIN has been downgraded from a 77W to a 773 on the 29th of Apr.
        hmmm.... it's like de javu for me....

Comment

anyone know the registration of the unlucky bird? looks like the GE powerplants aren't doing very well. i don't think the GE monopoly on the 77Ws are a good thing at all.

certainly doesn't do very much in terms of customer confidence. this must be at least the third (i've lost count0 engine related 77W incident this year.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
            anyone know the registration of the unlucky bird? looks like the GE powerplants aren't doing very well. i don't think the GE monopoly on the 77Ws are a good thing at all.

certainly doesn't do very much in terms of customer confidence. this must be at least the third (i've lost count0 engine related 77W incident this year.
            Believe it's 9V-SWF.

Comment

Seems that SIA may be the unlucky party here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not heard of other carriers' 77W that are powered by the GE-90s suffering as many engine failures as SIA has had.

Comment

I believe AF also had had its share of problem with its 77W and its GE engines.

Comment

blimey ... i have mixed feelings about my 77W flight from ZRH to SIN now
                  Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I can confirm that. I was onboard. No AVOD.

Comment

SQ862/861 SIN-HKG vv. downgraded from 77W to 773 again! 30APR

Comment

SQ862/861 SIN-HKG vv. downgraded from 77W to 773 again! 30APR
                        AGAIN????
                        hmmm.... so many de javu lately....arrrggghhh!!!!!..

Comment

Due to the obvious shortcomings of GE at present and lack of available spares, SIA has been forced to ground 1 77W at time, with the a/c being grounded rotating so as to achieve steady flying hours fleet wide.
                          Got this from another forum.

Comment

20/Dec's SQ61 diverted to CPH due to bad weather in DME.

Comment

Working...
                            X