Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will SIN-HK-SFO route switch to 77W or A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May I remind us all here to keep things on track and refrain from this name calling please.

Comment

Back on topic, I've got a couple of basic questions that someone asked me recently, and I couldn't answer.

How many A380's does SQ currently have?

How many deliveries are scheduled in the next month (i.e. for NRT flight), and for the rest of the year?

By the end of May, what rotations will the A380s be doing? Looping SIN-LHR and rotating SYD-SIN-NRT? Will that be just one flight daily to each destination?

I guess I've lost track of recent developments and I'm looking for a summary of current status.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

SQ has 3 A380s, the newest being 9V-SKC.
        9V-SKD is due to be delivered sometime in May for the first A380 to NRT on May 20th.
        zxcvbn

Comment

9V-SKD, the fourth WhaleJet, is scheduled for delivery on 28 April with arrival in SIN on 30 April. 9V-SKE and 9V-SKF are scheduled for delivery early summer. 9V-SKG is scheduled for a winter delivery after EK and QF have each received a few.

All the departures ex-SIN will be between 20:00 and 24:00 each evening, so the rotation is unclear. Most likely it will be varied depending on MX requirements. The first half of May will give SQ the opportunity to pull WhaleJets out of service for a few days of MX, but it will get tight again from the start of NRT service until 9V-SKE is delivered.

Comment

Well if SQ does serve PEK temporarily w/ A380 for the Olympics for the summer, then I'm hoping they use their 5th and 6th frames (9V-SKE,SKF) for SQ 1 and 2 by the Fall.

One can only hope

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
              Well if SQ does serve PEK temporarily w/ A380 for the Olympics for the summer, then I'm hoping they use their 5th and 6th frames (9V-SKE,SKF) for SQ 1 and 2 by the Fall.

One can only hope
              Two can hope. And I suspect a lot more than that are hoping....

Comment

Three can hope - esp when number 3 has a J award booked on SQ1/2 for March 2009

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                  Three can hope - esp when number 3 has a J award booked on SQ1/2 for March 2009
                  Make it four (desperately....) - since number four have F award ticket on SQ2 for late Sept.....

Comment

Just tried to make dummie award booking for SIN-LAX-SIN on OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN and FEB today.
                    NO sign of SQ12/SQ11 on all class. Only showed SQ38/SQ32 on Unrestricted Business class.
                    But it works on SQ2/SQ1 for First saver and other classes on those periode.
                    Is this the sign that SQ12/SQ11 will get upgauge to A380 before SQ2/SQ1? or just a system glinch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Just tried to make dummie award booking for SIN-LAX-SIN on OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN and FEB today.
                      NO sign of SQ12/SQ11 on all class. Only showed SQ38/SQ32 on Unrestricted Business class.
                      But it works on SQ2/SQ1 for First saver and other classes on those periode.
                      Is this the sign that SQ12/SQ11 will get upgauge to A380 before SQ2/SQ1? or just a system glinch?
                      If it's not a glinch, it could be a glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                        If it's not a glinch, it could be a glitch.
                        Could well be neither - just no availability of seats

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Could well be neither - just no availability of seats
                          No availability for redemption on all classes on SQ12/11 for month of OCT, NOV, DEC, JAN and FEB (random dates)? only showed SQ38/37 unrestricted business class? hmmmm....
                          Must be system "Glinch" or Glitch???
                          It's working for paying ticket booking (SQ12/11, all classes)...
                          Hope it's not leading to something...
                          hopeSQ2/1 still the first to get A380 ....

Comment

Hmmm... curious. SQ 11/12 reportedly usually has good redemption availability, so this is indeed strange. My insurance for upguaging SQ 11/12 is a confirmed F booking on SQ 12 for early January. That compares to three F bookings (o/w) on SQ 001/002 in December and February.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                              My insurance ...
                              considered other routes other than 11/12& 1/2 yet?

Comment

For SQ11/12, I see that both LAX-NRT and NRT-SIN is available for Jan 2009 in saver F.
                                LAX-SIN (via NRT) isn't, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X