Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meal on a night flight?

Hi,

I am thinking of flying from SG to NRT in Nov. The flight will depart around 11pm and reach NRT at 7am.

May I know will any meals be served during the flight?

Thanks.

If you're referring to SQ638 - it has Refreshments and Breakfast.

Comment

thats good as u be on the A380 to NRT.

Comment

Have a look at the F Menu Thread for that flight's menu.

I thought the meal was classified as Supper - I was able to order the lobster thermidor for the SQ602 which also has the same style of meal service. Either way, if the meal is Supper rather than Breakfast then you should be able to BTC for something more substantial (such as steak, rack of lamb, lobster thermidor etc). A few items are also available to BTC for Breakfast but the choice is not as wide.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reply. But............. I forgot to mention, I am only taking economy class. So I believe lobster is definitely not my entitlement.

Comment

On Y-class, a refreshment will be served after takeoff and breakfast before landing.

In first/biz, there will only be 1 meal service whereby pax can opt to have after takeoff or before landing. This "sleeper service" is supposed to allow more uninterrupted rest, but seems more like a cost-cutting measure to me. Some people felt that more food is offered in economy than in first/biz for the "sleeper service".
            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
              On Y-class, a refreshment will be served after takeoff and breakfast before landing.

In first/biz, there will only be 1 meal service whereby pax can opt to have after takeoff or before landing. This "sleeper service" is supposed to allow more uninterrupted rest, but seems more like a cost-cutting measure to me. Some people felt that more food is offered in economy than in first/biz for the "sleeper service".
              Gotta agree.. on recent J Flight BNE to SIN overnight... we got the same deal. I was expecting a meal in J as in Y you got some food before sleeping. As i got to airport early and SQ lounge was being re-furbished and was in Air New Zealand lounge intead and that had nothing worth eating. So get on-board starving only to see the choice of breakfast now (at 12am I dont think so) or before you land. Anyway asked for something more substancial and they secured a Y fried rice.. which was served on J plates. At least I wasnt hungrary.. but was disappappointed... especially when expectations are not delivered. Even on QF flight overnight you get a meal and breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post

Found the same thing with the flight to PVG at 1.00 am. It used to have a choice of two meals but it is now a "OR" situation. Usually I opted for the breakfast.

Comment

I found the same too - felt dissapointed that passengers in Y got two meals and in business only got 1. However I had done BTC + asked for a snack at breakfast time - they served me a full breakfast as well!
                  matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I wouldn't really call it two meals in Y Class in an overnight flight. Its more of a selection from the snack basket after take-off (With pizza snacks, sandwiches, chocolates etc.) and a meal 1-2 hours prior to landing, based on my experience on many SQ225 flights, haha.

However. as stated, only one meal in J, which you have to choose between.

Comment

I guess it depends on the flight... on SQ269 Y gets 1 hot meal + 1 breakfast, but J gets 1 meal.
                      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

SQ638 SIN-NRT and SQ618 SIN-KIX gets a hot refreshment (hot wrap or sandwich) and a full breakfast in Y but only 1 meal in F/J.

SQ237 SIN-MEL and SQ231 SIN-SYD gets a full supper and a continental breakfast in Y but only 1 meal in F/J class.

My Travel Map

Comment

It's probably the first time I've heard of less food being served in F/J than in Y, apart from flights that offer a "sleeper service" for which a proper meal is served while still on the ground (i.e. BA's ex-East Coast US services, etc)

I guess the best way to overcome the problem would be to reserve a BTC dish and then take your normally catered meal as well!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
                            I wouldn't really call it two meals in Y Class in an overnight flight. Its more of a selection from the snack basket after take-off (With pizza snacks, sandwiches, chocolates etc.) and a meal 1-2 hours prior to landing, based on my experience on many SQ225 flights, haha.

However. as stated, only one meal in J, which you have to choose between.
                            On overnight flights of around 5 hrs, it will be a snack basket service and a breakfast in Y.

For late overnight flights of 6 to 7 hours, it may be supper + continental breakfast or hot refreshment + breakfast in Y.

Sadly on these flights, there will be only 1 meal in F/J.

My Travel Map

Comment

I have another take on this as on a night flight I want to get some sleep.

On a typical 7 or so hour flight SIN MEL that leaves at 9 pm they take the best part of two hours to serve dinner and then turn all the lights on two hours before arrival to serve breakfast which no-one seems to eat. That means about 3 hours sleep on a flight that arrives around 6 am.

I would be happy to see less meals on night flights and more lights out!

Comment

Working...
                              X