Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA Cadet pilot Interview

HI,

I'm invited to SIA's cadet pilot interview. This is one of a chance for me to become a pilot. How's can i be well prepare for it.

Can any pros here give me advice. Thank you.

A retired forumer here went through that. Dunno if he's still around, but I think he might tell you to be humble, read up as much as you can, and be prepared to learn, and listen.

Good spelling and grammar helps too.

Oh - and be yourself.

Really - the best place to look might be www.pprune.org though...

Comment

Don't tell them you enjoy skydiving

Comment

write down what questions you think they're going to ask, and come up with answers for them. Most importantly though, make sure you ask your interviewers questions

Comment

what are the contents that i need to know. Please help me

Comment

Originally posted by SQ 777 View Post
            what are the contents that i need to know. Please help me
            Using your own initiative and being pro-active are no doubt some of the qualities required ... such as, for example, finding and reading up about what's required rather than just asking "please help" on a forum.

Comment

Congratulations and warm Kudos SQ 777!

Good luck with your interview.

As SQFlyerGirl said, search the Far East forum on Pprune which should help you. I think there are a couple of threads that would be relevant to you.

My memory is sketchy as I am not well versed in technical recruiting at Singapore Airlines Limited, but you should know overall stuff about the company, especially in terms of fleet. You should be able to say how an aeroplane works, possibly how an engine works. This is also garnered from years of reading Pprune. Things may have changed.

But good luck!

Comment

I know nothing about SIA's recruitment procedures but from my experience in recruiting and being recruited here are a few tips.

Key thing is to try and find out what they are looking for. Although of course you can never find out what is going on in the interviewers mind read the advert carefully. Ask them for a job profile or anything that list the skills and experience they are looking for.

Remember experience is only one element much more important are your personal qualities. Again a job profile will normally list the personal qualities they are looking for.

Be prepared think about how you meet their requirements.

Be proud of your weaknesses - No one is perfect and the person who does not recognise where they have weaknesses is the biggest nightmare for an employer. Much better to show you know where you are weak and that you are willing to work on these areas.

Show your interest in the job, not just flying but particularly flying for SQ.

At the interview take your time before you answer a question there is no need to dive right into your answer. If you are worried about the silence use a filling sentence like "let me think" or ask them to repeat the question

Keep your answer short and concise - waffle is huge turn off for interviewers

Comment

thanks lobstor and singapore air reply ! really appreciate your effort !

Comment

what are the chances of Singapore airlines accepting people from the States?

Comment

Allow me to share my experience during the interview...

Read up on SQs current and future fleet orders especially the A380s the configuration types etc. All these info can be found @ SIA Website & Wiki too.

Do prepare some details on Principles of Flight and How a Jet Engines Functions etc.

Read up on the main diff between Airbus / Boeing Aircraft etc.

Rest be yourself and if you don't know say you don't know.. as simple as that.

Cheers!
                      A380 - European Pride!

Comment

According to a friend who went for the interview, they will ask technical and other aviation related questions. He was shown a plane model and asked to identify the plane! My friend was clueless and was immediately booted out!
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                          what are the chances of Singapore airlines accepting people from the States?
                          not a single chance as a cadet.

Comment

SQ 777, are you already a pilot with another airline or is this your first pilot job? If it is your first job, are you graduated already as a pilot?

Cheers.

Comment

When they ask you "How do you see your career progressing?" you could answer them "First Officer, Captain, then hopefully by retirement pefecting how to make a Suites bed".

Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X