No announcement yet.

Celebrity Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackie Chan on SQ2 1st Class from SIN to HKG on Dec 5, 2009.

Michael Chang (tennis player) on SQ1 Business Class from SFO to HKG on Jan 2, 2010.

http://www.mchang.com/cff/schedule.html

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorWu View Post
      Just wondering, was the entire F cabin booked for the Singapore PM and his entourage? Or were there other F passengers who were not part of the official delegation?
      No.

The Singapore PM and MM usually has the seat next to them blocked, and a security officer seated nearby in F. There's usually another security officer in J.

In the event that F is fully booked, and it is not possible to have an empty seat next to the PM or MM, the particular pax who is seated next to him will be informed in advance, and his background/history thoroughly checked and cleared by internal security.

The rest of the entourage (worker bees) will sit according to their travel entitlement ... usually Y class for junior civil servants, or J for senior civil servants and Ministers.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
        No.

The Singapore PM and MM usually has the seat next to them blocked, and a security officer seated nearby in F. There's usually another security officer in J.

In the event that F is fully booked, and it is not possible to have an empty seat next to the PM or MM, the particular pax who is seated next to him will be informed in advance, and his background/history thoroughly checked and cleared by internal security.

The rest of the entourage (worker bees) will sit according to their travel entitlement ... usually Y class for junior civil servants, or J for senior civil servants and Ministers.
        Can't imagine if you are seated next to the PM or the MM ? Won't they move the pax to another seat if possible ?
        And are the PM or MM eligible for the Suites on the A380 ?
        When I was working in the pax service side a few years ago, police officers from the SecCom will come down a few days before D flight and get the pax manifest list of everyone onboard that flight. All classes.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
          Can't imagine if you are seated next to the PM or the MM ? Won't they move the pax to another seat if possible ?
          And are the PM or MM eligible for the Suites on the A380 ?
          When I was working in the pax service side a few years ago, police officers from the SecCom will come down a few days before D flight and get the pax manifest list of everyone onboard that flight. All classes.
          They would try to move the pax if possible, but if F is full, there's really no other way... With most of the F cabins in the fleet going the way of individual 'cubicles', the chances for the PM/MM to share elbow space with a stranger is lessened significantly.

Yes, lots of work goes into preparing for a "D" flight. I am not sure if PM/MM are entitled to the Suites...but I know for sure all civil servants (no matter how high ranking), and Ministers are not allowed to travel in the Suites.

Comment

Not sure if they're entitled to the Suites but even if they are I think that's fine. I mean come on, in many other countries, the Head of State usually has his own jet!

Yeap, I'm sure Seccom would scan everyone who's going to be onboard.

Interesting thought though.. getting to sit beside the PM. Probably could have an interesting conversation

Comment

I don't think its correct that Ministers travel in J. I've travelled on SQ25 fr NY to Sin in 2004 and was in the same cabin as Lim Hng Kiang, a Singapore minister. There were special treatment during the Frankfurt transit with his entourage being received and probably whisked off somewhere private to wait, while the plane is being serviced for the FRA-SIN sector.

On another note, other celebrities I've encountered are Lee Wei Ling (MM's daughter) in F on SQ1 several years back; and business leaders such as Sim Wong Hoo (of Creative) on SQ1 and Ron Sim (of OSIM) on Sin-HKG on SQ2, both in F.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                I don't think its correct that Ministers travel in J. I've travelled on SQ25 fr NY to Sin in 2004 and was in the same cabin as Lim Hng Kiang, a Singapore minister. There were special treatment during the Frankfurt transit with his entourage being received and probably whisked off somewhere private to wait, while the plane is being serviced for the FRA-SIN sector.

On another note, other celebrities I've encountered are Lee Wei Ling (MM's daughter) in F on SQ1 several years back; and business leaders such as Sim Wong Hoo (of Creative) on SQ1 and Ron Sim (of OSIM) on Sin-HKG on SQ2, both in F.
                Perhaps some of the business leaders in businesses not doing well and shareholders losing their asset value should downgrade from F.

Comment

I believe only DPMs and above, as well as the President, are entitled to Suites. Other Ministers are entitled to F on non-A380 flights or J on A380s.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    Perhaps some of the business leaders in businesses not doing well and shareholders losing their asset value should downgrade from F.
                    Totally agree with your comment with regards to Sim Wong Hoo. Creative used to be world-class, now they just churn out rubbish with no appeal. IMHO.

Comment

Some of these people travelling in J or F could have paid for it themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Some of these people travelling in J or F could have paid for it themselves!
                        Hmmm.....any chance that you happened to be the CEO of a negative value creating enterprise that has seen better days?

Comment

My colleague is on SQ176 to Hanoi today and he had seen a few Singapore ministers heading to Hanoi to attend the Asian Summit.

The aircraft gate is at F60 in T2, F60 is the gate nearest to the VIP complex it seems, is it correct?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            The aircraft gate is at F60 in T2, F60 is the gate nearest to the VIP complex it seems, is it correct?
                            F60 is the gate they tend to use at T2 when there are VIP's travelling as it is next to the VIP building. We used F60 for our flight to KUL when the PM was on board.

Comment

Singapore ministers are celebrities>??? They are public servants.....
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                                My colleague is on SQ176 to Hanoi today and he had seen a few Singapore ministers heading to Hanoi to attend the Asian Summit.

Yes, F60 together with F59 are closest to the VIP Complex.

The Ministerial entourage should comprise of PM, 1FM, 1M-MCYS and 1M-MTI. Just wondering if theiy will block off the J cabin for them

Comment

Working...
                                X