Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Mariah Carey @ SKL yesterday morning. Presumably on SQ12 to LAX...

Leave a comment:

• SINFJ
    replied
    Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
    Why 1FM, and not 1M-MFA?
    Yup... it's 1M- MFA... dunno why I was thinking of FM...

Leave a comment:

• pavion
    replied
    DEL-SIN a long time ago (before Jet and even Air Sahara came into the picture, when it was either AI/IC/SQ), probably when I was like 5 or 6 years old, and my father's company had paid for a J class ticket for him, and we paid Y for ourselves, however on the return flight he was upgraded to F (PPS used to help alot in this), and me and my brother fought for who got F class, and it was me.

I was then told that sitting right next to me would be an Indian Minister, but who it was I never found out, but it was something to do with communication, irrespective, I was very young, and just ate and slept through the flight. Very good I must say, but the cabin crew did ask me to move but I told them I wanted a window seat, and so the minister moved to another aisle seat

In another flight on UA to SIN from HKG, I was seated in Economy Class bulkhead seating, when some actor from Hong Kong was traveling with his wife, again it was a long time ago,

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    Originally posted by boing View Post
    They serve us, the public. And who do you think is footing their multi-million dollar salaries ?
    That is a good one...haha

Leave a comment:

• boing
    replied
    Why do you highlight bold the world servants? They are highly paid mind you...
    They serve us, the public. And who do you think is footing their multi-million dollar salaries ?
    Mind translating the '1FM, 1M-MCYS and 1M-MTI' for those playing along at home?
    I think he meant one Foreign Minister, 1 Minister from Ministry of Community Development Youth and Sports and 1 Minister from Ministry of Trade And Industry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Like me..
    1FM - Minister (or a rep.) of Foreign Affairs (commonly referred to as a/the Foreign Minister)
    1M-MCYS - Minister (or a rep.) of Community Development, Youth and Sports
    1M-MTI - Minister (or a rep.) of Trade and Industry

Leave a comment:

• aerosmith
    replied
    Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    The Ministerial entourage should comprise of PM, 1FM, 1M-MCYS and 1M-MTI. Just wondering if theiy will block off the J cabin for them
    Why 1FM, and not 1M-MFA?

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied

Like me..

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

I do not know where to post this, thus celebrity sightings is the closest I can link it to.
    that's how we remind those in government service when they try to be nasty with us, with the emphasis on servant

Leave a comment:

• feb01mel
    replied
    Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    Singapore ministers are celebrities>??? They are public servants.....

I do not know where to post this, thus celebrity sightings is the closest I can link it to.
    Last edited by feb01mel; 8 April 2010, 03:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    Fair point, they're just paid like celebrities.

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
    Just wondering if theiy will block off the J cabin for them
    They didn't on my flight with the PM, who had a fair group with him as they were going to an ASEAN summit of some sort in KL. The PM got 11A (which I was in originally ), a bodyguard in 12D and the rest of the group were in Y.

I can't remember the date I flew but I do know it was when Time or Newsweek magazine has his father on the cover with the title 'The man who saw it all' so when he nipped to the loo I asked his bodyguard if I could get him to sign it, but he said no.

Leave a comment:

• SINFJ
    replied
    Dude, they are mini-STARS

Leave a comment:

• SINFJ
    replied
    My colleague is on SQ176 to Hanoi today and he had seen a few Singapore ministers heading to Hanoi to attend the Asian Summit.

The aircraft gate is at F60 in T2, F60 is the gate nearest to the VIP complex it seems, is it correct?
    Yes, F60 together with F59 are closest to the VIP Complex.

The Ministerial entourage should comprise of PM, 1FM, 1M-MCYS and 1M-MTI. Just wondering if theiy will block off the J cabin for them

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    The aircraft gate is at F60 in T2, F60 is the gate nearest to the VIP complex it seems, is it correct?
    F60 is the gate they tend to use at T2 when there are VIP's travelling as it is next to the VIP building. We used F60 for our flight to KUL when the PM was on board.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X