All 12 SQ A380's Back in Service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All 12 SQ A380's Back in Service!

Today's Straits Times reported that the last of SQ's remaining A380's, 9V-SKP, was brought back into service in early December, which means SQ now has all 12 of their remaining A380's back in service.

The article said that SQ had noted the "...popularity of its flagship A380 fleet among its customers"...and I would tend to agree that despite the dominance and economic superiority of modern twins like the A350 or 787, purely in terms of passenger experience and comfort, it is hard to beat the A380.

A friend of mine flew SQ's A380 premium economy from London to Singapore earlier this month, and raved about the seat and A380 PEY cabin. The SQ A380 PEY cabin is right in front on the main deck, with the bathrooms right behind it, which makes it a very comfortable cabin indeed, with no need to pass through any Y cabin to get to the bathrooms.

My most recent SQ A380 experience in Business (with Mrs yflyer in Suites) was in Dec 2022, and I thoroughly enjoyed it (So did she!). (TR here!)

I can’t see much activity for SKM or SKR. I’d have thought mid-December is the ideal time to have all the A380s in the skies creating pre-Xmas capacity.

Comment

Working...
    X