Newspapers and Reader's Digest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newspapers and Reader's Digest

Have been on 3 flights since the Covid opening and noticed there were no newspapers placed at the door entrance on all 3 flights.
    Requested for a copy of Reader's Digest as well and was told there were none available. On one of the flights, the crew passed me a tech magazine instead. Is it just me or are reading materials not available on SQ flights ?

Originally posted by boing View Post
    Have been on 3 flights since the Covid opening and noticed there were no newspapers placed at the door entrance on all 3 flights.
    Requested for a copy of Reader's Digest as well and was told there were none available. On one of the flights, the crew passed me a tech magazine instead. Is it just me or are reading materials not available on SQ flights ?
    This should not sound like a surprise but SQ has nearly eliminated magazines & paperback material and moved it to digital. What I mean digital, I’m talking about these being available on your phone or KrisWorld screen.

I was on SQ last month from SFO-SIN-MAA-SIN-SFO and they played some COVID safety videos which one of them mentioned going digital by mentioning everything is paperless and we can access them thru the KrisWorld portal on our phone (via Wifi) or on our screens.

Hopefully this helps clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

This should not sound like a surprise but SQ has nearly eliminated magazines & paperback material and moved it to digital. What I mean digital, I’m talking about these being available on your phone or KrisWorld screen.

I was on SQ last month from SFO-SIN-MAA-SIN-SFO and they played some COVID safety videos which one of them mentioned going digital by mentioning everything is paperless and we can access them thru the KrisWorld portal on our phone (via Wifi) or on our screens.

To add to the list of printed materials that have gone digital, i.e. paperless, on the 4 flights that between March-May last year, and again more recently in Dec/Jan, we've also noticed that the printed Inflight Food and Beverage Menu is now replaced with a digital version that is available either throguh the KrisWorld screen on your seat of via your phones/tablets (once connected to the KrisWorld Inflight WiFi).

Comment

Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post

To add to the list of printed materials that have gone digital, i.e. paperless, on the 4 flights that between March-May last year, and again more recently in Dec/Jan, we've also noticed that the printed Inflight Food and Beverage Menu is now replaced with a digital version that is available either throguh the KrisWorld screen on your seat of via your phones/tablets (once connected to the KrisWorld Inflight WiFi).
        Nowadays even the menu can be viewed even days before your flight so if you don’t exactly like what you expect, it will allow you to change the meals accordingly based on the flight. Many airlines have this now but I saw this both on SQ & EK and very sure more airlines are doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post

Don't remember seeing the newspapers or Reader's Digest in krisworld. When I started flying before the times of smartphone and when websites were in their infancy, catching a copy of Straits Times and reading it in the flight was one of the ways of catching up on home. And when I got tired of the movies and wanted some reading material, Reader's Digest came in handy. Am afraid it is one of those things that would go the way of the dodo post Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post

And when I got tired of the movies and wanted some reading material, Reader's Digest came in handy. Am afraid it is one of those things that would go the way of the dodo post Covid.
            Reader’s Digest (Chinese) is available on the e-library for download within the SQ App.

Comment

Working...
            X