Recent Positive SQ Contact Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Positive SQ Contact Centre Experience

Have heard many horror stories about SQ's long Contact Centre hold times, and was fully prepared to be placed on hold for a long time when I called SQ's main Singapore contact centre line this morning on a few matters regarding an upcoming booking in late Dec.

To my surprise, my call was routed to an agent almost right away, with no delay. I did key in my FF number (I am KF Gold, not even PPS) at the start of the call, and also indicated the call was about my next booking (The IVR system prompted me with that).

My requests relating to my reservation were handled very professionally and efficiently by a pleasant rep, and needless to say, I gave very positive feedback on the automated feedback system after the call.

I had been putting this call off for a long time, and as mentioned, was bracing myself for a long wait, possibly even hours, before getting through, so was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got through, especially considering that this is probably peak travel season. I think I was probably given some priority based on FF number, but as stated I'm not even PPS.

Just one data point here, but quite a positive one -- thanks SQ!

By comparison, a couple of months ago I tried calling Thai Airways' Singapore helpline, and never ever managed to get through to anyone on their Singapore number, despite calling several times over a few days, and waiting on hold for many minutes each time. I ended up calling the TG Bangkok number for help.

Well, that’s great for you.
    Not to downplay the positive experience you’ve had, but it sounds like a one-off. And I’d dare say it also depends on the nature of your issue which you needed their help with.
    I can otherwise say that - yes, as KF gold, they take my calls pretty quickly. BUT they’re almost never ever able to understand anything that’s off script. For example - seating issues, lost baggage. They tend to take the easy way out by promising a call back “within the day” by a “relevant department” - a call back which, well, doesn’t ever happen.
    I’m not sure why SQ doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to fix their customer service, in fact they’re publicly blaming it on “unexpected high demand”… which is bullshit. Demand has been growing steadily for months now. There are other airlines that are coping well with this. SQ’s expected to do so too, but they certainly are far off. Carry on like this and they’d be losing their spot in the top 3 on startrex very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
      Well, that’s great for you.
      Not to downplay the positive experience you’ve had, but it sounds like a one-off. And I’d dare say it also depends on the nature of your issue which you needed their help with.
      I can otherwise say that - yes, as KF gold, they take my calls pretty quickly. BUT they’re almost never ever able to understand anything that’s off script. For example - seating issues, lost baggage. They tend to take the easy way out by promising a call back “within the day” by a “relevant department” - a call back which, well, doesn’t ever happen.
      I’m not sure why SQ doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary to fix their customer service, in fact they’re publicly blaming it on “unexpected high demand”… which is bullshit. Demand has been growing steadily for months now. There are other airlines that are coping well with this. SQ’s expected to do so too, but they certainly are far off. Carry on like this and they’d be losing their spot in the top 3 on startrex very soon.
      Thanks for sharing your experience too. Yes, my issue wasn't too complex, and involved getting wheelchair assistance and getting seats together for 2 separate booking references. Was wondering if it was a one-off as well. I'm surprised lost baggage would be considered off script though, as there should be standard processes for that.

These days, I try to avoid issues by keeping my itineraries as simple as possible, with as little checked baggage as possible, and as generous connection times as feasible. I also put an Apple Airtag in each piece of luggage.

Comment

SQ call center is good honestly, my wait times have not been considerably long either.

Now the problem is my dad (who is still in India) wants to change his flight to come back from CCU on 10JAN, return to SFO 11JAN morning (still originally booked) instead of coming back from MAA. The agent claims that there are no seats available and my dad has a Economy Flexi fare (he is flying Premium Economy on the way back home on SQ32). But when I look online for CCU-SIN alone, one way, clearly there are seats available. Is there a reason for this? Every single day my dad is calling SQ and trying his best to come back early or just fly back from CCU and they're giving him the same answers. Why is there a discrepancy between the communication with the agent and the SQ website? His fare allows him to change, BUT because 2 legs were already completed (SFO-SIN & SIN-MAA), they're not allowing to change online and have him call the local Singapore Airlines office.

Before my mom & I left India (MAA), even I tried to call SQ's customer service, and their communication skills are very bad. First time, I asked can I change both the date and destination, one agent was like you can change either the date or destination but not both. Another agent was like you can change both as long as the destination is within the same country. I don't know what system they are using but from what I'm seeing is very different. At least, if it's available, can my dad at least know whether it's a free change (with his Flexi Fare) or he needs to pay a fare difference. Even if he needs to pay the fare difference, at least he will have to decide whether it's practical to pay that much or stick with whatever he has (from MAA).

i did call them one other time when my SQ1 and SQ2 flights got canceled and they at least at that time changed 2 of my flights with ZERO hesitation or fees and made sure I got an email confirming the same thing. My guess is after completing 2 sectors, changing compared to the old days is a nightmare now.

I don't want to blame my dad much here, but I did tell him back in October after he took his September trip that if you do not want to stay that long after we leave, you might as well change the dates and destination now itself and the book as you go thing these days doesn't work compared to before. At least he's spending quality time with his brother in CCU I guess that's something good that came out.

Comment

So, today is proving to be a challenge, changing flight dates.

First Call after agreeing this and that, hold, this and that, hold, this and that, hold, this and that, hold we get to Self Service Payment for booking change fee. Three times entering detail and each time agent asked "Did you do it?" Went to "manual" entry with a different agent, waited a while and gave him all the same detail and put on hold. Five minutes later, cut-off.

Second call, go through everything, all over again, hold, again, hold, again, hold and again before reaching payment, agent's computer shows "error"...... honestly, if I didn't for sure know I had called the correct SQ number, it feels like calling a scammer. As I write, agent took my booking reference for a third time and says he'll call me. I'm waiting a call back since more than 5hrs already on a call I had this morning to start all this. Nobody called me back after the payment call dropped either so I disappeared and nobody followed up.

Through everything, I have tickets that are wrong, and a reservation I can't pay for

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            So, today is proving to be a challenge, changing flight dates.

First Call after agreeing this and that, hold, this and that, hold, this and that, hold, this and that, hold we get to Self Service Payment for booking change fee. Three times entering detail and each time agent asked "Did you do it?" Went to "manual" entry with a different agent, waited a while and gave him all the same detail and put on hold. Five minutes later, cut-off.

Second call, go through everything, all over again, hold, again, hold, again, hold and again before reaching payment, agent's computer shows "error"...... honestly, if I didn't for sure know I had called the correct SQ number, it feels like calling a scammer. As I write, agent took my booking reference for a third time and says he'll call me. I'm waiting a call back since more than 5hrs already on a call I had this morning to start all this. Nobody called me back after the payment call dropped either so I disappeared and nobody followed up.

Through everything, I have tickets that are wrong, and a reservation I can't pay for
            Oh no, doesn't sound like a positive experience to me (Quite the opposite!). Hope you managed to resolve the issue, scooby5!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Oh no, doesn't sound like a positive experience to me (Quite the opposite!). Hope you managed to resolve the issue, scooby5!
              Yes, thanks...... got it after another two calls whereby one of the agent's did finally call me back after it appears their side got themselves sorted. May have been bad weather in the Philippines, or a hangover from Easter.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

Yes, thanks...... got it after another two calls whereby one of the agent's did finally call me back after it appears their side got themselves sorted. May have been bad weather in the Philippines, or a hangover from Easter.
                Great to hear that! Must have been a relief!

Comment

Working...
                X