SQ to scrap mask mandate on selected flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ to scrap mask mandate on selected flights

SQ will become the first Asian Airline to drop the mask mandate on selected routes. Flights to and from the U.S will
    be mask free.

Singapore Airlines is dropping its onboard mask mandate, but restrictions in other countries mean only 4 in 10 flights will benefit.

This would make sense for a 16-17 hour flight since it’s probably difficult to keep it on the whole time. Even on a 5-6 hr flight to/from New York on UA’s 77W, I had a hard time keeping my mask on the whole time.

My dad is flying to India next Tuesday (9/6) so to a degree yes it’s a welcome change BUT he still knows its best to keep masks handy as if it’s needed to wear masks maybe in certain places. The other thing is India bound flights, wearing a mask is still mandatory.

I’m flying in December on SQ so anything can change between now & then. However we will still keep masks handy.

Comment

That's great... although I should say the past 3 trips (LAX-SIN) since May 2020, the rules were not heavily enforced in F and J at least.

Comment

Great News!

Although Australia is a bit of a funny one - that it's required 1 way and not the other!

Comment

Working...
        X