Heathrow Airport Arrival Luggage Retrieval/Departure Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heathrow Airport Arrival Luggage Retrieval/Departure Check-In

Has anyone recently traveled through T2 Heathrow? Any recent experience to share regarding the situation at Heathrow Airport? Any horror accounts of missing/mislaid/delayed luggage at T2 Heathrow from Singapore Airlines flight arrivals? What about departures at T2 - how chaotic is it at the terminal? What about check-in luggage at T2 Heathrow - any assessment of how likely your luggage will be mishandled and not loaded onto flights? Please share! I'm travelling to LHR soon and I'm worried about luggage no show upon arrival.
    Last edited by Caravelle; 27 July 2022, 06:03 PM.

It's the UK so the risk of incompetence is high. I am actually flying to London today and will let you know !

Comment

Thank you very much. Please let me know your experience arriving at Heathrow Airport. Have a nice flight.

Comment

SQ 318. Go to gate at 7:20PM. Walked the long passage as usual and got to the UK border around 7:30PM. Passport didn't work at eGate so had to stand in the assistance queue. Got to the belt at 7:58PM and waited for bags. DNATA do the trick whereby they claim bags are delivered on time by unloading one crate but it takes ages for the rest of the bags to come. I managed to get out by 8:15PM. I was expecting much worse.

Comment

Thank you for your Heathrow Airport T2 arrival update! Looks like the chaos is being addressed and the situation with regard to luggage handling is getting better. I'm definitely travelling with my Apple AirTags. I hope that your return flight checking-in and luggage processing at Heathrow will be equally smooth. If you have any travelling tips for Heathrow Airport, in these days of upheavals, please share.
          Last edited by Caravelle; 1 August 2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I have returned from UK and LHR. Glad to share that my SQ flight arrived at T2, 5:50am, and by the time I cleared immigration and got to the arrival luggage retrieval area at 7:20am, my luggage was already waiting for me at the carousel. At departure in T2, It took me 40 mins to clear through security and then a 18 min walk to the gate. No misplaced/mismanaged luggage.

Comment

Working...
            X