Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA Upgrade one way ticket

If i book a return ticket in economy,

Will I be able to upgrade just one leg of the journey by topping up after I made the booking? Not with miles but by paying the cash difference.

If It is possible, do all types of economy fare qualify or only standard and flexi?

Yes did it before.

Went from K(Lite) to U(Standard)

Can't do online, did it at ION.

Comment

Upgrade as in from economy to Biz. Would cash upgrade for one way be possible if i booked Lite or Value economy fare?

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
        Upgrade as in from economy to Biz. Would cash upgrade for one way be possible if i booked Lite or Value economy fare?
        As CheapoFlyer alluded above, the upgrade is possible however you do have to pop into an SIA ticket office (or perhaps ring their reservation hotline) to get this done - doesn't seem to be an option to do it online. I too have done something similar, however that was back in 2009 and before they've introduced the current fare classes of Economy Lite, Flexi etc.

As to your specific question, my recommendation would be as above - either pop into an SIA ticket/reservation office or ring them and they should be able to advise. If you don't want to waste/spend time making a trip down to their office or stay on their reservation line, then perhaps drop them a message of FB Messenger (if you use FB) with your PNR and they may be able to check and advise if the upgrade is possible or not before you actually make a trip to their office or call them.

Comment

Yes that's exactly what I did.

Upgraded the outbound from economy to business while the return remained as economy.

Comment

I flew the inbound into Singapore in economy and then stopped by the ION ticket office to upgrade the return leg to Business. I would also take a look at what's available before you commit to going to the ION office or waiting in line on the phone-might not be any availability.

Comment

Working...
            X