No announcement yet.

SQ A330 cabins, routes, timing, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it was previously reported that current A333s may equal in performance with the initial batch of 787s.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      And it was previously reported that current A333s may equal in performance with the initial batch of 787s.
      The A330-300 is far from the 787-9 in terms of payload/range performance, which means that the latter can fly many missions that the former cannot. However, on the regional missions that both aircraft can perform, the operating costs will not be so different, with the biggest difference probably being in MX costs. 787s also cost less to manufacture than A330s, which may or may not result in a lower purchase price.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        -STR enroute.

-STS is not too far off as well.
        9V-STS on delivery..............

That's all 19.

Comment

I'm quite happy that all 19 A330-300s have been delivered and that SQ insisted on taking only the new improved model. The advantage in operating costs relative to the 777-200ERs that they have been replacing means lower fares for us. The smaller size means more frequencies to more destinations. Win-win!

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            ...means lower fares for us.
            That's what I call wishful thinking. SQ will not share the increased margin they are making due to lower operating cost. Not a single ticket will become cheaper on routes where the A330 starts flying and as a matter of fact SQ has just increased fares again... Ticket price and operating cost are not correlated. Low operating costs are crucial for e.g. US airlines as they are competing over price but for SQ it just means good news for the shareholders. The smartest way of flying: Buy tickets from competition for half the price and buy shares for the money you have saved.

Comment

I'm with SMK77 on this one - to hope for lower ticket prices because of this is simply more of a fantasy than reality. I'll take that 'smartest way of flying' model further: Redeem tickets on SQ's new planes in Saver and buy shares for the money you have saved. If that's not possible, then buy tickets from competition for half the price.

That's a win-win.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                That's what I call wishful thinking. SQ will not share the increased margin they are making due to lower operating cost. Not a single ticket will become cheaper on routes where the A330 starts flying...
                Ok. So, you don't believe that SQ have any competition at all? Or that there is zero price elasticity of demand for airline tickets? Or that the law of supply and demand doesn't apply to SQ? You're welcome to believe that. Management of SQ, CX, EK, QF, JL, etc. would be surprised to hear it.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                ... as a matter of fact SQ has just increased fares again... Ticket price and operating cost are not correlated.
                I have no doubt that fares would have increased even more had operating costs been higher.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  It is serendipitous that SQ didn't want the A330-300s, but Airbus offered an ineluctable deal on them as compensation for the WhaleJet delays.
                  Serendipitous indeed. I remember when the A330-300 first emerged as the new mid-to-long range Airbus more than a decade ago. The first models I flew back then were on CX and KA.

These SQ 333s have a certain je-ne-sais-quoi about them though, looking more like the 332s than the older 333s
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

It seems that SQ have upgraded SQ872/871 to be on A333 from B772, while SQ866/865 will be on 77W from B772 wef 27 Mar 2011. The proposed changes are still preliminary and are subjected to change, based on HKG slots Summer 2011 timetable.

Now this sounds too good to be true since 77W seems to be quite maximised at the moment.

Comment

I am mixed about the A333. Nice Business Class compared to the older 777s, better IFE but the Economy seats are narrower than the 777s by about an inch and they are not comfortable in the upright position due to the headrest design unless you are 1.8-1.9m tall.

Comment

Having just flown SQ's A333 last week, I agree that even though the economy seats have all the high-tech gadgets, they are just too cramped to be comfortable. My legs were beginning to get numb towards the end of the 6hrs flight. Even the cabin crew agree with me that the A333 is just too cramped in economy. I flew up on TG and the pitch difference between SQ and TG seats was really huge (I could cross/straighten my legs on TG's 772/773 and I am 1.8m!)

My Travel Map

Comment

For the A333 in Y class, under which seats are the AVOD box housed? Or put the question another way, which seats have no AVOD box under the seats?

I have an upcoming flight from CAN to SIN and I wish I could stretch my legs with no obstructions. For the B777, I will always choose the "G" seats in Y class as this "column" of seats has no AVOD boxes.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                            For the A333 in Y class, under which seats are the AVOD box housed? Or put the question another way, which seats have no AVOD box under the seats?

I have an upcoming flight from CAN to SIN and I wish I could stretch my legs with no obstructions. For the B777, I will always choose the "G" seats in Y class as this "column" of seats has no AVOD boxes.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
                            Im pretty sure there are no big boxes like on the 772. I think there is a very slim box between the seats and does not take any legroom at all.

Comment

Something off-topic...

Look familiar? (At least from the rear)

My Travel Map

Comment

Good grief. Hello Kitty cushions..... although my daughter would disagree with me...

Comment

Working...
                                X