Remembering the past...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering the past...

Was surfing around and chanced upon this collection of information on the SQ006 crash...

http://www.getformesingapore.com/com...SQ006crash.htm

Reading the emotionally-charged entries brings back strong feelings with regards to the unfortunate incident.

Anyone has any idea on how things are with the tech crew and cabin crew on that fateful flight?

No Name of Crew Sector Nationality Sex

1 Foong Chee Kong (Captain) TPE/LAX Malaysian M
    2 Latiff Cyrano (FO) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    3 Ng Kheng Leng (FO) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    4 Lee Kok Heng (IFS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    5 Anandan Suresh (CS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    6 Isnin bin Mohamed Sohot (CS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    7 Chua Puay Hiang (LSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    8 Koh Hwee Khim (LSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    9 Tay Kiok Cheng (LS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    10 Amir bin Husin (LS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    11 Ang Miau Lee (LSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    12 Chia Jong Kai Simon (LS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    13 Shahrin Shah Bin Kamarshah (FS) TPE/LAX Singaporean M
    14 Goh Boon Hwee (FSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    15 Lim Beng Hoong (FSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    16 Chew Sou May Ann Marie (FSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    17 Chua Mei Fung (FSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    18 Farzana Bte Abdul Razak (FSS) TPE/LAX Singaporean F
    19 Huang Hui Min (TWS) TPE/LAX Taiwanese F
    20 Tsang Hiu Fan (TWS) TPE/LAX Taiwanese F

"The three pilots of SQ006, Captain FOONG Chee Kong, and First Officers Latiff Cyrano and NG Kheng Leng, who have been suspended from flying duties since the SQ006 crash, hope to be allowed to fly for Singapore Airlines again, sources said yesterday, on the eve of the crash investigation reports. All three men hope the release of the findings by the authorities in both Taiwan and Singapore will clear the way for the suspension of their flying licences to be lifted."

(Straits Times 26 Apr 2002)

"The Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CIAS) yesterday told the three men in the cockpit of the 747-400 which crashed and killed 83 people on 31 Oct 2000 that they had cleared the first phase of the re-licensing process. They need to undergo medical and psychological assessments as well as extensive flight re-training and flying tests before they can fly again. In a statement yesterday, CIAS said that the decision to go ahead with the medical and flying tests was based on the recommendations of a five-member panel, including two pilot licensing experts from the United Kingdom and France, who studied the crash investigation reports."

(Straits Times 16 Oct 2002)
    Last edited by Kebaya Chaser; 5 March 2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Sorry to dig up this old thread... I'm really curious though as to whether the flight or cabin crew of this flight ever flew again for SIA or another airline...

Also, I believe SQ compensated the families of passengers out of court. But did the crew receive anything from SIA? Just curious...

Comment

The last i heard, the FO Latiff Cyrano was in a polytechnic as a lecturer. If i can remember, he couldn't get any flying offers and settled for that.
        Farzana Bte Abdul Razak (FSS) got married a few years ago and became a mother if i'm not mistaken. Her boyfriend broke up wif her soon after the crash and she was going thru extensive skin grafts.
        Some of the surviving cabin crews of that flight are still working as cabin crews till today.

Comment

Is it true the captain is/ was in jail?

Comment

Working...
          X