Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft changes on SQ866

Hi All,

I live in Bali, but for my business, I travel DPS-SIN-HKG and back twice a month.

Usually, I take SQ866 for the SIN-HKG leg, which is announced as a 744.

I keep on noticing SQ makes a lot of aircraft switches on this route/flight, almost 40% of the time. Sometimes I get a 772, sometimes a 773.

I never see so many last minute aircraft change on other SQ routes.

Is there a way to know at least 48 hours before the flight what equipement it will be ? Because I get C seats (spacebeds) on 744, but if it is a 772/773, o'd rather go Y.

Thanks for your inputs

Cheers

Enzo

I'm not sure as there is a way to find out beforehand. Checking on the morning of the day may help.

As a point of reference, SQ866 has transformed into a B773 this month on 09 and 19 February.

Comment

Thanks Singapore_Air, hopefully on Feb 26th I'll get a 744 and a spacebed !

Comment

744 shortage, perhaps? They've had problems with the A380 to SYD and had to send a 744 there as replacement. And the 744 returning as SQ220 would never be on time to operate SQ866.

Comment

The aircraft that is scheduled to operate SQ 866 is from the arriving SQ 1 flight from San Francisco which arrives at approximately 11.30 am and then departs for Hong Kong at about 1.30 pm.

After the aircraft arrives back in Singapore, it usually does not follow any fixed pattern but a few occasions it operates SQ 231 to Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
            The aircraft that is scheduled to operate SQ 866 is from the arriving SQ 1 flight from San Francisco which arrives at approximately 11.30 am and then departs for Hong Kong at about 1.30 pm.

After the aircraft arrives back in Singapore, it usually does not follow any fixed pattern but a few occasions it operates SQ 231 to Sydney.
            My previous flight on SQ865 on the B747 continued on as SQ231 to SYD.

Comment

call the res hotline to confirm

Comment

today SQ861 HKG-SIN change aircraft from 77W to 773... and I'm at F...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                  today SQ861 HKG-SIN change aircraft from 77W to 773... and I'm at F...
                  Do they give you any compensation in this case? I imagine you paid more for the tickets, so any refund?

Comment

Originally posted by super bean flicker View Post
                    Do they give you any compensation in this case? I imagine you paid more for the tickets, so any refund?
                    Just want to make a correction, it was change to 772 (9V-SQL).
                    I don't think I will get any compesation, because I was on redemption ticket! Just my bad luck, it was supposed to be my first 77W F experience, but it gone on the wind! Arrrggghhh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                      Just want to make a correction, it was change to 772 (9V-SQL).
                      I don't think I will get any compesation, because I was on redemption ticket! Just my bad luck, it was supposed to be my first 77W F experience, but it gone on the wind! Arrrggghhh!!!
                      you have more reason to be pissed than even paying passengers, considering you can't book saver tickets on the 77W. If I had used double miles and ended up with a regional when i thought i was getting the new F, I would really, really be upset.

Comment

altho the 744 is a great aircraft, but would prefer SQ's 777s instead from now as its 744s are really ageing esp in its interior and showing signs of "neglect"

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          altho the 744 is a great aircraft, but would prefer SQ's 777s instead from now as its 744s are really ageing esp in its interior and showing signs of "neglect"
                          For F & C, I think most would choose SQ 744 over SQ 777 (regional planes).
                          For Y, yes I would take the 777s any day.

Comment

Working...
                          X