Where is registration: 9V-SWC (77W) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is registration: 9V-SWC (77W) ?

It is noted that SQ generally retains a sequence in aircraft registration by type and model. What happen to 9V-SWC in there 777-300ER group?

Also noted in assigned registrations for upcoming 77W deliveries, both SWQ and SWR are omitted from sequence. (9V-SWM, SWN, SWO, SWP and SWS)

Just curious....if anyone knows SQ's rationalization. Thanks.

It has been long suspected, at least on this forum, that it is because SWC could mean toilet.

Comment

then again SQ did register one of their A300s (a long time ago) as 9V-STD

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
        then again SQ did register one of their A300s (a long time ago) as 9V-STD
        I believe in Singapore they use the term STI for sexually transmitted infection.

The nose gear flap contains the last two letters of the registration, so 9V-SWC would have had "WC", which as Singapore_Air mentions, may not be desirable.

Comment

Never underestimate asian superstition!

Comment

I'm highjacking this thread a bit, mods feel free to move it I just don't want to create more mess. Does anyone know why some of SQ's 747-300 BIGTOP fleet had American registrations instead of the 9V-SK* registrations allocated to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              It has been long suspected, at least on this forum, that it is because SWC could mean toilet.
              Wow....Interesting indeed! Very good reason to omit "SWC".

Thanks Singapore_Air

Comment

Working...
              X