Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When SQ service borders the miraculous! (Or why did I doubt SQ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When SQ service borders the miraculous! (Or why did I doubt SQ?)

This story was long in coming. It was long because I doubted (oh, traveler of little faith!), but read on and you will understand....

In January, I flew SQ from SIN to NRT in F and connecting to NH. I proceeded to the NH F lounge and there, I realized that I had left a pouch with a small device in my seat on the SQ flight.

I approached the NH lounge staff and told them about it. They wrote down all my information, including seat number and promised me to contact SQ about it and do whatever they could. They told me to go back to the lounge and enjoy my time.

A few minutes later, one of the NH lady approaches me and tells me that SQ found the pouch and had already stuffed it into my checked luggage! I was a bit surprised, but knowing that SQ handles baggage very diligently, I smiled and thanked the NH lady, thinking, this was amazing, but that it is the kind of thing SQ knows how to do.

Once in SFO, I looked into my checked luggage, expecting to find the pouch near one of the bag's openings. One of my bag is a large mountain backpack with huge zippers, but I looked all around. No pouch to be seen.

Once arrived home, I go through the bag a bit more thoroughly but do not undo my bag entirely. Still no pouch. So I think: "OK they got the wrong bag or they cannot really fully control their baggage handling contractor in NRT and it's my fault anyway for forgetting the pouch on the flight."

Well, 2 days ago, I fully emptied the backpack and lo and behold, there was the pouch, hidden under one of the black plastic flaps that are inside the bag!

I am truly amazed and thankful! I keep loosing such pouches on flights and so far I had NO TRUST in any airline ever getting it back to me (though I once got DL to find it for me and return it). One of my previous experience was with LH. And though I thought LH was a serious airline, they never returned my voice-mail on their lost and found service....

Let's not go into UA's lost and found service ("if you do not hear back from us within 10 days, it means we did not find it", hey, what if you could not understand what I was saying? Can I speak to a human? Do you have even anybody human working for this baggage service??? ) but now, I confirm, SQ is, once more, amazing!

Thanks SQ.

I love fairy tale endings. I'm happy you were reunited with that pouch, DeltaFlyingProf. (It does make me curious what the heck was in that pouch. )

You can add TG to the list of uimpressive airlines when it comes to recovering items left in your F seat. My camera and the SYD / KUL Do pictures in it are now history.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      (It does make me curious what the heck was in that pouch. )
      It can't have been that important if he's only just searched the bag properly...

Comment

Good for you DeltaFlyingProf. Warm Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          (It does make me curious what the heck was in that pouch. )
          Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          It can't have been that important if he's only just searched the bag properly...
          It is important, but I always carry a spare pouch. It contains a little gadget for testing F food. If it is good, like SQ food, it gets a thumb up from the little device (they are amazingly small and smart devices) otherwise it displays a detailed critique....
          When I let my assistant do the testing on NH, he came back saying: "It says it is microwaved food!"

And if you believe this, I have an A380 to sell you for really cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            I am truly amazed and thankful! I keep loosing such pouches on flights and so far I had NO TRUST in any airline ever getting it back to me (though I once got DL to find it for me and return it).
            I remember you losing or leaving behind your inaugural 77W Ferragamo Toiletry Pouch....

It was hand delivered to you or your 'then' assistant

Isn't SQ amazing?

Comment

I remembered leaving a book in the J Class cabin of a UA flight from HKG to SIN in year 2000. Never got it back. Not sure if it just can't be bothered to help or just plainly can't find it.

Comment

Very nice. ^

I left my Bose QC2 headset on a UA flight from SIN to NRT a couple of years ago. I reported it at the Red Carpet Club in Narita and ten minutes later they handed it back to me! It was amazing.

I thanked them and told them that if I was in the U.S., the headset would already be on sale on Ebay!

Comment

A big also for honesty in Japan (borne out by DeltaFlyingProf and kevino's experiences)!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    A big also for honesty in Japan (borne out by DeltaFlyingProf and kevino's experiences)!
                    Indeed. I think that the incidents happened in Japan would have helped in a way, thanks to their culture of sheer honesty.

Well just to share...I left behind an entire video camera on a QF flight in economy class last December from Perth to Singapore. The airline called us asking us to collect it from the airport a day later. I was thankful enough, but what actually amazed me more was the fact that all those passengers still in the cabin around me didnt think of giving themselves an early Christmas present despite the camera being left squarely on the seat in full view of everyone who files by while exiting the plane! Glad to know that the predominantly Aussie travellers around me are just as kind and honest!
                    Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Working...
                    X