Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post
    Can't believe it's a goose.
    It looks much more like a phoenix to me.
    sorry, just irked me...

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
      I used to think it was a waving hand.... and even till now I see the hand before I see the bird.
      Me too! Glad I'm not the only one!

Comment

i tot it is a pegion?

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
          i tot it is a pegion?
          That would be Merpati Nusantara Airlines

Actually I remembered someone did tell me it was supposed to be a pigeon long long time ago.

Well, for sure it is not the mythical Garuda bird.

If it is a Phoenix, then it is Air China

If it is a Swallow, then it is China Eastern

It it is a Crane, then it is Lufthansa (and JAL long time ago before JAL management went coo coo and killed the bird for a stupid red stain on its tail)
          Last edited by UMD; 2 February 2008, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Out of all "Bird liveries" out there, I think JAL is the winner. Just love that red crane. Of course, J-Bird is very nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              Hi everyone, I was just wondering what kind of bird is portayed on the SIA logo???

Is it a fenix ????
              No, acutally it is a dove - the symbol for peace. My dad used to work in Singapore airlines. Years ago during the 70s, I saw the SQ Staff News Bulletin which explained the meaning of the stylized dove.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                That would be Merpati Nusantara Airlines

Actually I remembered someone did tell me it was supposed to be a pigeon long long time ago.

Well, for sure it is not the mythical Garuda bird.

If it is a Phoenix, then it is Air China

If it is a Swallow, then it is China Eastern

It it is a Crane, then it is Lufthansa (and JAL long time ago before JAL management went coo coo and killed the bird for a stupid red stain on its tail)
                Merpati Nusantara Airlines tailfin looks more like 3 blankets!

Comment

So now it is confirmed that SQ bird is a dove which scientifically speaking is also a pigeon.

Merpati Nusantara Airlines tailfin looks more like 3 blankets!
                  Actually I believe Merpati's decal, despite the airline is named after a pigeon (or dove), is to symbolize bridges across the Indonesian archipelago. I don't know why Landor & Associates decided it was the best decal for Merpati and not some sort of bird looking decal.

Garuda's decal (which also came from Landor) looks the best I think. JAL's crane was up there but too bad it was now killed off.

Air Lanka also used to have a great decal (a phoenix, I believe) but now the new Srilankan decal just looks like 3 very lumpy green and red chili peppers.

Comment

It is a bird for sure but i dont think its of any breed.

The logo is a stylised version of a bird in rich gold that symbolizes flight. SQ took the recommendations by Walter Landor Associates of San Francisco and hopes the logo to present a polished and modern image that is appropriate to a dynamic and international airlines.

Comment

So now it is confirmed that SQ bird is a dove which scientifically speaking is also a pigeon.

Actually I believe Merpati's decal, despite the airline is named after a pigeon (or dove), is to symbolize bridges across the Indonesian archipelago. I don't know why Landor & Associates decided it was the best decal for Merpati and not some sort of bird looking decal.

Garuda's decal (which also came from Landor) looks the best I think. JAL's crane was up there but too bad it was now killed off.

Air Lanka also used to have a great decal (a phoenix, I believe) but now the new Srilankan decal just looks like 3 very lumpy green and red chili peppers.
                      You got the source? really want to see it

Comment

former air lanka livery

beautiful bird

Comment

actually, the current srilankan livery is supposed to be a bird

SriLankan Airlines corporate logo features the peacock bird ('Monara' in Sinhala) and is considered a good Feng Shui motif and signifies growth, fame and abundance. The colors Green, Red and Orange adapted in the logo are in accordance with Feng Shui elemental analysis symbolizing wood and fire.

Comment

The SIA Logo is not a dove or pigeon. It's actualy a Golden Phoenix. I forgot what it actually meant. I will get back to u guys when i get back from my office. It's somewhere there.

Comment

actually, the current srilankan livery is supposed to be a bird

SriLankan Airlines corporate logo features the peacock bird ('Monara' in Sinhala) and is considered a good Feng Shui motif and signifies growth, fame and abundance. The colors Green, Red and Orange adapted in the logo are in accordance with Feng Shui elemental analysis symbolizing wood and fire.
                              I know that the current Srilankan's logo is also a bird but compared to the old logo, it is a very awful bird. The new bird actually looks sick to me (despite being colorful). I do like the old Airlanka's bird much much better. Well, maybe that's why I am not a fengshui master.

Comment

I know that the current Srilankan's logo is also a bird but compared to the old logo, it is a very awful bird. The new bird actually looks sick to me (despite being colorful). I do like the old Airlanka's bird much much better. Well, maybe that's why I am not a fengshui master.
                                personally, i don't like it

Comment

Working...
                                X