9V-SKB touched down at SIN 0800 local

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I think the food might be a bit better and there'd be slightly more space for leg shots but I'm sure you wouldn't get the all important pasar malam atmosphere which you had on your flights!
    I agree.

I mean, after all, who wants a door you can close to make a room in with a fully flat bed with a mattress, Givenchy toiletries, jammies, all the Krug you can drink and A 2 gajillion hours of Audio and Video on demand when you can have someone's scalp in your face, someone elses elbow in your ribs and a video system that was so easy to use, came with a pneumatic headphone set that was far lighter on your head, and displayed content on a screen MUCH bigger on a wall? Ah and of course, drinks come in those ware that can't break and splinter.

Comment

Plus no need to worry about which movie to watch and simple home cooked food rather than the posh grub up front with funny sounding ingredients (I first encountered mesclun on a SQ flight).

And - joking aside - if I ever get to sit in one of those big seats up front (or even those rooms with a bed inside) I think I'd miss the chance to talk with my involuntary travel companions (provided they want to chat of course), e.g. one such encounter on a SK PEK-CPH flight ended up in me attending a wedding a few years later!

Comment

flights?

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        It looks like SKA and SKB will alternate on a SIN-SYD-SIN-HKG-SIN rotation.
        which flights, anyone know?
        SQ866/SQ865?
        zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
          which flights, anyone know?
          SQ866/SQ865?
          Yup, that could be possible, if the A380 is supposed to replace one of the B747 flights to HKG. It is not likely to be SQ2 or SQ1 as they service the HKG-SFO route as well, too long to be rotated.

Hope they intro A380 to SQ866/SQ866 as I will be flying SQ866 back to SIN on 6 Feb. Should I start hoping for this to happen?

Comment

well, coming to think of it the rotation would not be possible

SQ220 gets to singapore only at 1345, but SQ866 departs 1330.
            SQ865 arrives singapore 2210, while SQ221 departs 2030.

should we expect SKA to continue serving SYD while SKB to serve HKG?
            zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              My prediction is based on knowledge of usual practices. I'll be at the SIN Do at the end of the week. Would anyone who will be there like to bet a drink?
              It would be nice to be in SIN this weekend, get a free chocolate and also free drink .....
              Last edited by blast-off; 19 January 2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                It would be nice to be in SIN this weekend, get a free chocolate and also free drink .....

Don't be too SURE blast-off!!

SQ may just announce tonight that they are flying SKB on it's first commercial flight (to goodness knows where..maybe someone can tell us?) on SUNDAY (tomorrow) and you'll still lose your bet

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                  well, coming to think of it the rotation would not be possible

SQ220 gets to singapore only at 1345, but SQ866 departs 1330.
                  SQ865 arrives singapore 2210, while SQ221 departs 2030.

should we expect SKA to continue serving SYD while SKB to serve HKG?

Well, i think that the news report may be wrong. heard from my friends dad (senior captain a340, a380) that only until the 9V-SKE is delivered. than they will fly the SIN-HKG-SFO route. for the time being, SV-SKA and 9V-SKB will be rotating between SIN-SYD . and Yes. When 9V-SKC comes in, they will fly to LHR in this format. 9V-SKA will fly to SYD , 9V-SKB and 9V-SKC will fly to LHR on rotation and When 9V-SKD joins, it will complement 9V-SKA on the SIN-SYD route.

BTW SIA has not decided which SIN-LHR-SIN flight will be opperated by the a380

Hope this carlify all your misunderstanding

Oh ya. can someone get for me a pic of 77w J class and A380 J class?

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
                    Well, i think that the news report may be wrong. heard from my friends dad (senior captain a340, a380) that only until the 9V-SKE is delivered. than they will fly the SIN-HKG-SFO route. for the time being, SV-SKA and 9V-SKB will be rotating between SIN-SYD . and Yes. When 9V-SKC comes in, they will fly to LHR in this format. 9V-SKA will fly to SYD , 9V-SKB and 9V-SKC will fly to LHR on rotation and When 9V-SKD joins, it will complement 9V-SKA on the SIN-SYD route.

Hope this carlify all your misunderstanding

Oh ya. can someone get for me a pic of 77w J class and A380 J class?
                    Go to these threads and you will see a lot of pictures of 77W and 380 J seats:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1409

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2810

Comment

Originally posted by A350 View Post
                      Well, I read in the Airliner world magazine this month, they said that SQ will use A380 for SQ 322 and SQ 317 rotation... Anyway, I am not too sure whether anyone has post info about this... So, this is completely from what I read in the magazine...

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                        Yup, that could be possible, if the A380 is supposed to replace one of the B747 flights to HKG. It is not likely to be SQ2 or SQ1 as they service the HKG-SFO route as well, too long to be rotated.

Hope they intro A380 to SQ866/SQ866 as I will be flying SQ866 back to SIN on 6 Feb. Should I start hoping for this to happen?
                        Any confirmation on A380 flying to HKG before deploying to LHR route?

Comment

SQ1 SIN-HKG-SFO

around june 08

Comment

Working...
                          X