Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie first F trip, need advice

Dear all,
    I'm new into this forum. It's a very interesting forum, glad I found and can join this forum.
    After strugling quite a time, finally I can secure my seats on StarAlliance Redemption ticket from KF on F (in my case would be O class).
    My itinerary will be like this:
    28MAR SQ26 SINFRA 2355 0610+1 (744)
    29MAR LH426 FRAPHL 1305 1705 (343)
    30MAR SQ25 JFKFRA 2120 1115+1 (744)
    31MAR LH772 FRABKK 2235 1355+1 (744)
    02APR TG600 BKKHKG 0800 1145 (744)
    03APR SQ861 HKGSIN 1600 1940 (77W)
    Never been on F before on these airlines, almost always on Y or J on some occations.
    So I need advices from you guys regarding (sorry if it sound silly):
    1. Best seat on each flight.
    2. Which lounges should be used?
    3. Especialy at FRA, can I use FCT without go through imigration first? (I'm on a very long transit and don't have Schengen visa and not intend to apply it unless it necessary)
    4. "do and don't" onboard?
    Thanks for any responses.

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
    Dear all,
    I'm new into this forum. It's a very interesting forum, glad I found and can join this forum.
    After strugling quite a time, finally I can secure my seats on StarAlliance Redemption ticket from KF on F (in my case would be O class).
    My itinerary will be like this:
    03APR SQ861 HKGSIN 1600 1940 (77W)
    Never been on F before on these airlines, almost always on Y or J on some occations.
    So I need advices from you guys regarding (sorry if it sound silly):
    1. Best seat on each flight.
    2. Which lounges should be used?
    3. Especialy at FRA, can I use FCT without go through imigration first? (I'm on a very long transit and don't have Schengen visa and not intend to apply it unless it necessary)
    4. "do and don't" onboard?
    Thanks for any responses.
    Welcome to SQTalk. Congratulations for securing an F award.
    I will try to answer with my limited experience in F here. (Hey I don't look like one neither... just a person from a small village who is very very shy, naive and innocent. )

Next year you will depart from T3. Thus, I have no idea how the lounge situation. But there should be a special F lounge to go to. Better check-in early and spend more time exploring T3 as well as the new lounges around...

It's 744 aircraft. There is a debate about which seat is the best. When I am alone, I will go for 3A or 3F for certain reason. But other had posted 1B, or 2A, or 2F or even 4A or 4F is the best for him/her.

You should do a SEARCH and it comes up with the thread discussing the prefered seats for SQ or LH.

You have about 7 hours connection. I suggest you should get a Schengen visa. A visit to LH First Class Terminal is worth the hassle getting the visa. At the moment, FCT is the best in the word in my opinion. You can enjoy the full breakfast early, then may be a late brunch. Oh and the shower and bath would be a good place to relax. I mean bathing with the yellow ducks.
    And, when it's time to board, you will be transported to the plane from the FCT using Mercedes or Porsche. Well, it should be a celebrity feeling or a VVIP-like feeling from this experience.
    Your LH flight is A343. Thus the F configuration would be 1-2-1 and only two rows. I am not that fond of the first row. Thus, any second row window would be good. 2K would likely give you the view of Greenland, and if it's the usual flying pattern, you will see the Skyline of Philadelphia prior to land.

Regarding meals, LH have a slightly different way of serving the meals. Look at these LH F menu. When the "Choice of Hors d'oeuvres" you don't just pick one only but have couples or all of them. Before, this service would be done twice, but now it's only once.

At JFK, SQ F pax will be invited to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. It's wonderful. The check-in opens at around 5:30pm. Thus you will have enough time to enjoy the full dinner and drinks. Really.. the foods are great to try. From the link above, you will see the sample menu from the past.
    IMHO, nothing to shop or worth for window shopping at this JFK T4. You'd better off buying clothes or shoes in Pennsylvania which doesn't charge you sales tax.
    Seats? Well, by then, you will know which seat you prefer to be.

Again, LH FCT should be where to be. Thus, Schengen visa would be doubled worth it. But if I were you, here what I would do. Once arriving from SQ flight, take S-Bahn to ZEIL. You can see the city by walking or window shopping... Then about 7pm or so, just take the S-Bahn back to FRA and head for FCT.

I am assuming this flight is a 3-class service. If you are booked in TG F, then you can use the TG F Lounge, and better to try TG Spa Lounge (only for TG F and C BP holders). I haven't flown TG for a long time. Thus, I would not be the right person to give any suggestions.

03APR SQ861 HKGSIN 1600 1940 (77W
    )

For this 3 hours flight, the 77W has 1-2-1 and 2 rows. But I prefer the single seat in second row. If you look up the TRIP REPORTS, you will find many discussions about the seats and services on 77W.
    Regarding the lounges, yes, I do agree the SKL at HKG is the least preferable. I would go for VS Clubhouse. And again, many here prefers TG F Lounge.

Lastly, regarding do or don't, well just be yourself. Be courteous to the crew as well as to other pax. Don't have a very very high expectation which make it the worst flights when a tiny bit goes wrong. Be thankful that you can experience the flights in F.

I hope others will help you with the things that I missed. Need to go back playing with the snow.
    Have a great trips! And hopefully you can post a trip report here.
    Cheers!

Comment

No better way to get an answer about your first First trip than from Mr. First himself - who is spot on on all the recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Welcome to SQTall. Congratulations for securing an F award.
        I will try to answer with my limited experience in F here. (Hey I don't look like one neither... just a person from a small village who is very very shy, naive and innocent.)
        Hey... don't be shy... I'm the one who came from a small village, still naive, innocent and humble... ( sorry... not intend to take your thrown... )

Next year you will depart from T3. Thus, I have no idea how the lounge situation. But there should be a special F lounge to go to. Better check-in early and spend more time exploring T3 as well as the new lounges around...

It's 744 aircraft. There is a debate about which seat is the best. When I am alone, I will go for 3A or 3F for certain reason. But other had posted 1B, or 2A, or 2F or even 4A or 4F is the best for him/her.

You should do a SEARCH and it comes up with the thread discussing the prefered seats for SQ or LH.
        Got it.... Confirmed with 2F. Can't wait to see what the new F SKL looks like.
        Will arrive in SIN at 10.30 by GA from SUB, I'll use SQ early check-in facility immediately after landing..., and spoiled myself at the new F SKL....

You have about 7 hours connection. I suggest you should get a Schengen visa. A visit to LH First Class Terminal is worth the hassle getting the visa. At the moment, FCT is the best in the word in my opinion. You can enjoy the full breakfast early, then may be a late brunch. Oh and the shower and bath would be a good place to relax. I mean bathing with the yellow ducks.
        And, when it's time to board, you will be transported to the plane from the FCT using Mercedes or Porsche. Well, it should be a celebrity feeling or a VVIP-like feeling from this experience.
        Your LH flight is A343. Thus the F configuration would be 1-2-1 and only two rows. I am not that fond of the first row. Thus, any second row window would be good. 2K would likely give you the view of Greenland, and if it's the usual flying pattern, you will see the Skyline of Philadelphia prior to land.

Regarding meals, LH have a slightly different way of serving the meals. Look at these LH F menu. When the "Choice of Hors d'oeuvres" you don't just pick one only but have couples or all of them. Before, this service would be done twice, but now it's only once.
        Confirmed with seak 2K.
        Will get the Schengen visa at all cost to get into the FCT....
        Hi yellow duckies... here I come...
        Must remember to bring my sunglasses for the limo ride (hey... that's all the rock stars always do hah??? )

At JFK, SQ F pax will be invited to Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse. It's wonderful. The check-in opens at around 5:30pm. Thus you will have enough time to enjoy the full dinner and drinks. Really.. the foods are great to try. From the link above, you will see the sample menu from the past.
        IMHO, nothing to shop or worth for window shopping at this JFK T4. You'd better off buying clothes or shoes in Pennsylvania which doesn't charge you sales tax.
        Seats? Well, by then, you will know which seat you prefer to be.
        This time confirmed for seat 2A.
        VS CH.... can't wait to see you...

Again, LH FCT should be where to be. Thus, Schengen visa would be doubled worth it. But if I were you, here what I would do. Once arriving from SQ flight, take S-Bahn to ZEIL. You can see the city by walking or window shopping... Then about 7pm or so, just take the S-Bahn back to FRA and head for FCT.
        secured seat 84K.
        want to observed LH highflyers.....

I am assuming this flight is a 3-class service. If you are booked in TG F, then you can use the TG F Lounge, and better to try TG Spa Lounge (only for TG F and C BP holders). I haven't flown TG for a long time. Thus, I would not be the right person to give any suggestions.
        Confirmed with seat 2A
        Hope the Spa has already open at dawn... want to try the infamous full thai massage there...
        (actualy, what time does the Spa open?)

03APR SQ861 HKGSIN 1600 1940 (77W
        )

For this 3 hours flight, the 77W has 1-2-1 and 2 rows. But I prefer the single seat in second row. If you look up the TRIP REPORTS, you will find many discussions about the seats and services on 77W.
        Regarding the lounges, yes, I do agree the SKL at HKG is the least preferable. I would go for VS Clubhouse. And again, many here prefers TG F Lounge.
        confirmed with seat 2A.
        hmmm.... will lounging around beetwen those 3 lounges....

Lastly, regarding do or don't, well just be yourself. Be courteous to the crew as well as to other pax. Don't have a very very high expectation which make it the worst flights when a tiny bit goes wrong. Be thankful that you can experience the flights in F.

Don't worry.... I'll be nice with them.... remember, I'm a naive, innocent and humble man from a little village...

I hope others will help you with the things that I missed. Need to go back playing with the snow.
        Have a great trips! And hopefully you can post a trip report here.
        Cheers!
        Will try to have a TR here soon after...
        Thanks CGK for your advice....

Comment

confirmed with seat 2A.
          hmmm.... will lounging around beetwen those 3 lounges....
          You can make it 4 lounges if you include UA F lounge into your pursuit at HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
            You can make it 4 lounges if you include UA F lounge into your pursuit at HKG.
            Realy??? COOL!!! Thanks Aerosmith for the advice...
            Btw, can I access all those lounges only with SQ F BP, without any QPP or *A Gold card.... coz I don't have any of them....

Comment

Btw, can I access all those lounges only with SQ F BP, without any QPP or *A Gold card.... coz I don't have any of them....
              You can access all the lounges listed in this thread solely with your F BPs, no FFP membership cards required. Your F BPs trumps!

Comment

Working...
              X