Singapore Airlines Increases Fuel Surcharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines Increases Fuel Surcharge

For tickets on or after 04 December 2007, Singapore Airlines has raised the fuel surcharge.

The price of jet fuel is around US$115 per barrel now.
    • Regional routes: US$26, up US$2, per sector for flights between SIN and ASEAN countries
    • For USA/Canada: US$123, up US$19, on a single sector basis.
    • For all other flights: US$75, up US$8.
    Singapore Airlines will continue to monitor the price of jet fuel and keep the application of the fuel surcharge under active review.

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
    Singapore Airlines will continue to monitor the price of jet fuel and keep up the application of the fuel surcharge under active review.

I added that one word. Seems more a reflection of the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I added that one word. Seems more a reflection of the truth
      Another round of surcharges. They seems fast on imposing but slower in reduction.

Anyone knows how much fuel required to fly a 777 Sin - HKG?

Comment

yes SQ is very fast to increase surcharges - even back few months back when fuel actually came down from its highs of 80s, few european airlines do away with fuel surcharges but SQ only reduce slightly somewhat only.
        In fact airlines usually Hedged their jet fuel requirements by easily up to 6 to 12 mths in advance n SQ is no exception - hence altho they are fast to increase their surcharges but the fact is that they are only paying the price of aciation fuel which is at 6 to 9 mths ago - which is much cheaper than present day fuel. And when fuel prices is so high, airlines then buy less spot/future prices at today's prices. Hence altho SIA always say its surcharges "barely"covers its costs - it also can be seen how they make huge profits during the high fuel prices than when avgas was cheaper.

Comment

cheaper then CX for u.s passengers

Comment

Oh no, I'll be travelling to SGN next week, and my trip happens after 4 December... Anyway I'm still hoping my waitlist on SQ172 will clear. BTW, when is the ticketing deadline usually? How many days before the scheduled departure date?
            My Cafe Adventures
            Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
            http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
            X