A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
    SQ sending 4 A380s to Alice Springs on Saturday.
    Plus two more Scoot A320s - TAN and TAQ

Comment

• Wonder if these 4 A380s are the oldest and earlier built which likely have wing issues and needed some reworking as per Airbus directive. In any case, would doubt these oldest planes will be refitted even before the Covid19 happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
        SQ sending 4 A380s to Alice Springs on Saturday.
        Do we know the departure timings?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          Wonder if these 4 A380s are the oldest and earlier built which likely have wing issues and needed some reworking as per Airbus directive. In any case, would doubt these oldest planes will be refitted even before the Covid19 happened.
          The wing issue isn't actually that big a deal as any corrective action is covered by Airbus. I suspect these four are the leased ones - sold and leased back by SIA to raise capital in FY2010/11 (1), 2011/12 (1) and 2012/13 (2).

One V1 (i.e. 1 of SKF-K) and three V2s (i.e. 3 of SKL-R) seems to be the consensus on how this group is made up, but I have no idea which specific registrations.

If that's the pattern flying out on Saturday night though, I think we have our answer. They'll then probably sit out their time in ASP before being returned to lessors.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
            Do we know the departure timings?
            23:45 Sat night (first Scoot A320) to 01:30 Sun morning (last SQ A380).

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
              The wing issue isn't actually that big a deal as any corrective action is covered by Airbus. I suspect these four are the leased ones - sold and leased back by SIA to raise capital in FY2010/11 (1), 2011/12 (1) and 2012/13 (2).

One V1 (i.e. 1 of SKF-K) and three V2s (i.e. 3 of SKL-R) seems to be the consensus on how this group is made up, but I have no idea which specific registrations.

If that's the pattern flying out on Saturday night though, I think we have our answer. They'll then probably sit out their time in ASP before being returned to lessors.
              It does appear one of the leased birds is already refitted though... (if our information is correct that is)

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                It does appear one of the leased birds is already refitted though... (if our information is correct that is)
                Interesting! SKS and SKT were both delivered in FY2012/13 so yes both or at least one could be leased. So maybe it is just the oldest four leaving (SKF-I)?

Comment

• Seem like SKK is the one on lease till 31 Aug 2020
                  SKN/SKS are the other two on lease. Not sure about the last one. Should be SKT?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                    Seem like SKK is the one on lease till 31 Aug 2020
                    SKN/SKS are the other two on lease. Not sure about the last one. Should be SKT?
                    In which case it's almost certainly a different four heading to ASP. I'll fall off my chair if they send a new or refitted one (which would include SKS/SKT) and there would be no point sending SKK if its lease ends anyway in four months.

Comment

• I don’t think there’s any significance as to which A380s they’re sending to ASP. It’s not difficult to return the planes to service from there. Sounds more like short term storage likely, because of a space constraint at Changi.
                      If I were to make a guess they’d likely send the ones which don’t need any working on (ie SKS SKT..etc) cos it’s during this time that they can do heavy maintenance and refits in the others.

Comment

• Still believed the 4 A380s would be SKF, SKG, SKH and SKI which are all about 11.4 years old to 12.2 years old. They will unlikely to return back to service, except for maybe 2 or so to cover for the "newer" A380s which will go for the cabin reconfiguration. And it would not be surprising for SQ to just have another 3 - 4 planes configuration and not for all its remaining A380s.

Comment

• So anyone got the registration of the 4 A380 flying to ASP?

Comment

• First three:

TR7003 23:45 / A320 Duration 05:40 (non-ETOPS route)
                            TR7001 00:05 / A320 Duration 05:10
                            SQ8865 01:30 / A388 Duration 05:04

Comment

First three:

According to icargo
                              TR7003 is 9V-TAQ departing from D35
                              TR7001 is 9V-TAN departing from D38

Comment

First three:

SQ8866 02:45 / A388 Duration 05:03
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X