A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
    I think it is the SQ 0227/0228 plane that sits idle for 10 hours in Melbourne. How many aircraft would SQ need for this rotation? Considering the aircraft won't be able to do a turnaround in SIN back to MEL. Use the incoming plane from MEL to LHR or CDG maybe? Is this possible?
    SQ228 arrives in SIN from MEL at 21:40. Because of the long time on the ground at MEL, late departures from MEL are very rare, so late arrivals into SIN are very rare. 21:40 is an early enough arrival to turn around for any of the pre-midnight departures (SYD, NRT, LHR, or CDG). Therefore, only more WhaleJet is needed to add SQ227/SQ228 to the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      It may be that SQ have been waiting until they know with more confidence (following the more than one month delay of 9V-SKG) when they will get 9V-SKI before updating the public schedule.
      I'm very surprised SQ chose HKG for the next superjumbo route.
      A very short flight for such a *luxurious* aircraft.
      Maybe SFO is next on the cards....probably unlikely as the loads don't warrant it.
      F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        I'm very surprised SQ chose HKG for the next superjumbo route.
        A very short flight for such a *luxurious* aircraft.
        While it fits very nicely into the rotation, I'm surprised too. It's very large aircraft for a route where frequency is king.

Maybe SFO is next on the cards....probably unlikely as the loads don't warrant it.
        SIN-NRT-LAX is far more likely than SIN-HKG-SFO.

Comment

SIN-NRT-LAX is far more likely than SIN-HKG-SFO.
          I agree, I just mentioned mentioned SFO because of SQ1/2 already plying HKG-SFO.

I'm hoping too that SIN-NRT-LAX is next as I have a vested interest in that route being upgauged to the SuperJumbo.

When this happens, do you think that SQ will keep the existing SIN-NRT-SIN A380 service? I do not know if the loads are good at the moment.
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I'm hoping too that SIN-NRT-LAX is next as I have a vested interest in that route being upgauged to the SuperJumbo.
            I think SIN-NRT-LAX will be among the next WhaleJet routes.

When this happens, do you think that SQ will keep the existing SIN-NRT-SIN A380 service? I do not know if the loads are good at the moment.
            That could go either way. SQ637/SQ638 fits conveniently into the rotation. SQ11/SQ12 would have to fit in after CDG and before HKG.

Comment

There are super deals for SQ11/12 and for 3 SYD flights going on right now for flights up to November as long as they are bought by June 28. If they get upgauged to WhaleJet sooner, can pax still travel on those cheap tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                There are super deals for SQ11/12 and for 3 SYD flights going on right now for flights up to November as long as they are bought by June 28. If they get upgauged to WhaleJet sooner, can pax still travel on those cheap tickets?
                Almost certainly, yes.

Comment

I thought that you'd predicted SQ11/12 as unlikely to be a contender in the near future... are you changing your tune?

When is the earliest this could possibly happen, would you say? I've slightly lost track of the delivery schedule!

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                    I thought that you'd predicted SQ11/12 as unlikely to be a contender in the near future... are you changing your tune?
                    I still think that MEL or a 2nd daily SYD or both are likely to happen first. I would put SIN-NRT-LAX third on my list of likely new routes.

When is the earliest this could possibly happen, would you say? I've slightly lost track of the delivery schedule!
                    The earliest it could possibly happen would be next month, but that probably would require downgauging SQ637/SQ638.

Comment

• Now I understand what you're saying.... may I just ask then, what is the earliest it could happen if your prediction about the Australian routes is correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                        Now I understand what you're saying.... may I just ask then, what is the earliest it could happen if your prediction about the Australian routes is correct?
                        If both MEL and a 2nd daily SYD are upgauged first and if SQ are willing to downgauge SQ637/SQ638, then SQ will have enough WhaleJets to upgauge SQ11/SQ12 when 9V-SKK is delivered -- which currently looks like January 2010. Of course, those are two large ifs.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          If both MEL and a 2nd daily SYD are upgauged first and if SQ are willing to downgauge SQ637/SQ638, then SQ will have enough WhaleJets to upgauge SQ11/SQ12 when 9V-SKK is delivered -- which currently looks like January 2010. Of course, those are two large ifs.
                          I see, thanks for your insight.

I guess that the ulitmate gating factor is the delivery of 9V-SKK.

Wouldn't that downguage be alienating to existing bookings? I guess if they downguaged 637/638 to 77W it wouldn't be as upsetting to current pax as downguaging to a 744.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                            I see, thanks for your insight.
                            You're welcome.

I guess that the ultimate gating factor is the delivery of 9V-SKK.
                            I think the main issue is where the loads and yields will be. With the economic situation in flux, it behooves SQ to leave their plans tentative as long as possible.

Wouldn't that downguage be alienating to existing bookings? I guess if they downguaged 637/638 to 77W it wouldn't be as upsetting to current pax as downguaging to a 744.
                            I would think only for Suites class. In Business (or presumably Economy), I wouldn't care at all between the 777-300ER and the WhaleJet. If there were two flights 10 minutes apart at the same price, I would choose entirely based on schedule convenience. The WhaleJet's quieter cabin is nice, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me. As long as the seats, IFE, food, and service are the same, I don't choose my flights based on aircraft type.

Comment

• I didn't even think about it earlier, but I realized that A380 Raffles and Suites are not in the same category as the 744 Raffles and First. I have Upper Deck seats for SQ11/12 and SkySuite for SQ219/220 in September. I wonder what would happen to my bookings if they upgauge the 744 to the WhaleJet for those routes before my travel time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                                I didn't even think about it earlier, but I realized that A380 Raffles and Suites are not in the same category as the 744 Raffles and First. I have Upper Deck seats for SQ11/12 and SkySuite for SQ219/220 in September. I wonder what would happen to my bookings if they upgauge the 744 to the WhaleJet for those routes before my travel time.
                                In all likelihood, you would get Suites and/or new Business Class. Good luck. I think you have a good chance for better equipment on at least one fllight.

Comment

Working...
                                X