A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vsepr View Post
    I c..thanks for the info. I just you meant that we cannot change the booking online anymore after the aircraft change to A380 and you were rebooked in Suites.

Maybe we can try to call KrisFlyer up and ask them to help us change dates? And dispute with them that redemption tickets are entitled for free date change within the validity period and In the event of a flight disruption, passengers travelling on award tickets will be re-routed as per the rules applicable for fare-paying passengers, all of which can be found in the terms & Conditions of KrisFlyer? Because fare paying passengers can change dates.
    Our experience was with J class upgrade of 772 to 77W of SQ328 to MAN.
    Tickets were honored but change of dates were not possible online as no savers were available at any new dates. We wrote to krisflyer requesting for a change of date. As expected, they replied
    with a standard reply that no savers were available and we would have to top up to standard awards.

We didn't give up, we argued that we issued the tickets based on the understanding that award tix are the same as commercial tickets and we were entitled to full flexibility of dates.
    They relented. They changed our dates but only the itinerary and not the Etix. I guess they could not reissue to the new dates because the fare class had been zero-ed out. So etix were still at old dates. There were some issues at check-in which needed a little longer to sort out but not a big issue. The PNR was marked with an authorization note.

But I have to qualify things may be different for F to R issue. My situation was biz to biz.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      ...But I have to qualify things may be different for F to R issue. My situation was biz to biz.
      It probably helped that you have a paid commercial ticket which was changeable. You were on an upgrade.

You may have a shot if you purchase a commercial C class ticket and upgrade to O class. SQ will change O to R upon upgauge. Then you can argue that C class is full flexible fare. I'll give it 3% chance of success.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        ....That's they way they've always done it so far and you can call Krisflyer, Changi, SATS, the Straits Times and even LKY if you want, it aint going to change.
        You left out Obama, Jesus and Allah.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          It probably helped that you have a paid commercial ticket which was changeable. You were on an upgrade.

You may have a shot if you purchase a commercial C class ticket and upgrade to O class. SQ will change O to R upon upgauge. Then you can argue that C class is full flexible fare. I'll give it 3% chance of success.
          Actually, I meant upgrade of equipment, not upgrade of my class of travel. Tickets were issued as I class.

Comment

• Same experience as you...

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            Our experience was with J class upgrade of 772 to 77W of SQ328 to MAN.
            Tickets were honored but change of dates were not possible online as no savers were available at any new dates. We wrote to krisflyer requesting for a change of date. As expected, they replied
            with a standard reply that no savers were available and we would have to top up to standard awards.

We didn't give up, we argued that we issued the tickets based on the understanding that award tix are the same as commercial tickets and we were entitled to full flexibility of dates.
            They relented. They changed our dates but only the itinerary and not the Etix. I guess they could not reissue to the new dates because the fare class had been zero-ed out. So etix were still at old dates. There were some issues at check-in which needed a little longer to sort out but not a big issue. The PNR was marked with an authorization note.

But I have to qualify things may be different for F to R issue. My situation was biz to biz.
            I had the same experience as you, to HKG on First Class saver on the B777-200 on the LAST day the 3 class B777-200 operates. Then I wanted to change date, but there are no more B777-200 First Class saver for future dates, I argued that I am entitled to change date as many times as I wanted and be treated the same as revenue tickets. So they booked me in First Class on B777-300ER BUT did not reissue the e-ticket. After I change 1 time from June to Sept, I called in to change again from Sept to Nov. This time was easy, they just booked me on the flight I wanted in First Class on B777-300ER. No questions asked.

Cannot do online check in and during check in took a long time to sort out some issues and asked to see my booking online printout.
            Last edited by vsepr; 28 April 2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

I had the same experience as you, to HKG on First Class saver on the B777-200. Then I wanted to change date, no more B777-200 First Class saver for future dates, I argued that I am entitled to change date as many times as I wanted and be treated the same as revenue tickets. So they booked me in First Class on B777-300ER BUT did not reissue the e-ticket. After I change 1 time from June to Sept, I called in to change from Sept to Nov. This time was easy, they just booked me on the flight I wanted in First Class on B777-300ER. No questions asked.

Cannot do online check in and during check in took a long time to sort out some issues and asked to see my booking online printout.
              Cool! Looks like SQ is more flexible than expected. It will be interesting to see if this works for R Class.

Comment

Cool! Looks like SQ is more flexible than expected. It will be interesting to see if this works for R Class.
                We still have to push them a little but yes, they are not that inflexible.
                Which is why I still keep my loyalty with krisflyer (of course only as long as saver awards are available).

Comment

• This thread has gone completely off topic. This is supposed to be a thread on the A380!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                    We still have to push them a little but yes, they are not that inflexible.
                    Which is why I still keep my loyalty with krisflyer (of course only as long as saver awards are available).
                    It will be awesome if it works for R class. For the cost of an O class (First saver) ticket you can have an unrestricted Suite Class ticket valid for six months as there is no capacity control for R class.

Comment

• (deleted; posted earlier in the other A380 thread)

Comment

Well that's the key. I am not surprised to read of the examples above, as the key thing to note there is none of them involved Suites. We have seen how anal they have been about that cabin, not least in the new arrangements allowing F tickets in the cabin where they reiterate that the mileage requirement for Suites remains unchanged.

Having said that, there have been some small but welcome signs that the attitude at SQ may be changing so I suppose you never know. But going off past examples that I know of first hand, they will not allow a date change.

Comment

• post deleted
                          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

• I believe they were waiting for approval to fit the seats and that Airbus has agreed an exceptional approval. Interesting to see that the FAA propose a retroactive AD on the affected seats.

Comment

I had the same experience as you, to HKG on First Class saver on the B777-200 on the LAST day the 3 class B777-200 operates. Then I wanted to change date, but there are no more B777-200 First Class saver for future dates, I argued that I am entitled to change date as many times as I wanted and be treated the same as revenue tickets. So they booked me in First Class on B777-300ER BUT did not reissue the e-ticket. After I change 1 time from June to Sept, I called in to change again from Sept to Nov. This time was easy, they just booked me on the flight I wanted in First Class on B777-300ER. No questions asked.

Did you lose that 15% discount then?

Comment

• No, they changed it for me for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X