X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    I've been on 9V-SKK

Way back in 1989 or so.......
    They really built tougher planes back then. It's still soldiering on after 2 decades after countless cosmetic changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      They really built tougher planes back then. It's still soldiering on after 2 decades after countless cosmetic changes.
      Actually, I lied - just checked my log. I was on it 8th April 1988 (yes, i have been keeping this log of mine for a LONG time)

SQ15 LAX-HNL-TPE-SIN. And it was then known as N124KK. Was only registered in Singapore as 9V-SKK some time later.

Comment

• With the disasters in Japan, it seemed like a very bad time to start the A380 SIN-NRT-LAX service.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          With the disasters in Japan, it seemed like a very bad time to start the A380 SIN-NRT-LAX service.
          Similar to June 2009 when they started A380 services to CDG the day the AF A330 crashed into the Atlantic Ocean. I think the fanfare was reduced.

Comment

• I guess the ostensible reason for delaying the introduction of WhaleJet service for SIN-NRT-LAX would be the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. The real reason would be the aircraft delivery delays caused by the Koito seat certification issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              I guess the ostensible reason for delaying the introduction of WhaleJet service for SIN-NRT-LAX would be the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. The real reason would be the aircraft delivery delays caused by the Koito seat certification issues.
              Yep!

http://plane.spottingworld.com/A380_production_list

Indicates - 1 A380 this month and the next one is now April/May/June....

Comment

• SQ is delaying the launch of the A380 on the SIN-NRT-LAX route, as well as extending the use of 744s on the SIN-SYD route. This might mean that the A380's delivery is delayed...

Comment

• Not a great track record for predicting delivery dates.

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                  SQ is delaying the launch of the A380 on the SIN-NRT-LAX route, as well as extending the use of 744s on the SIN-SYD route. This might mean that the A380's delivery is delayed...
                  We know the WhaleJet deliveries have been and continue to be delayed. We know the historical reasons and we know the current reason: (lack of) certification of the Koito seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    Not a great track record for predicting delivery dates.
                    Yeh well it's the easiest source of information that is updated often with the updated delivery dates!

So do you know actual delivery dates then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      Yeh well it's the easiest source of information that is updated often with the updated delivery dates!
                      Aside from the fact that updates are not very frequent (for example, they were still predicting that 9V-SKP, 9V-SKQ, and 9V-SKR would be delivered in 2011 months after it clearly became impossible), this seems like similar logic to looking for one's keys under the lamppost, rather than where one dropped them. Just because a source is accessible doesn't make it reliable.

I do acknowledge that when updates are made, the new data are reasonable. The problem is that the data often remain in place long after they are no longer reasonable. My point is not to bash the site, just to warn not to rely too much on it.

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                      So do you know actual delivery dates then ?
                      Even Airbus don't know actual delivery dates in advance. There are many uncertainties -- starting with when the Koito seats will be certified. I can say that the prediction that SQ will get a new WhaleJet this month is now nearly absurd. Even next month is looking unlikely now.

Comment

• Agreed

Comment

• Has there been any updates on when SKL will be delivered

Comment

• Heard 1 A380 currently down due to technical issues. Anyone has news on this?
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                              Heard 1 A380 currently down due to technical issues. Anyone has news on this?
                              Indeed. Beached whale was Kilo Charlie. It's back in svc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                                Indeed. Beached whale was Kilo Charlie. It's back in svc.
                                What was up with her?

Comment

Working...
                                X