A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    Just look at some of those 747 flying by UA or other Smerican airline. They are much older then the SQ one but all in good working condition.
    Really ?. Care to list the all these US 747's you've flown on recently, when and to/from where ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Really ?. Care to list the all these US 747's you've flown on recently, when and to/from where ?.
      Try those from Hong Kong to SFO and Tokyo to LAX.

Comment

Try those from Hong Kong to SFO and Tokyo to LAX.
        I'm fine thanks, I'm just interested in how often you have flown on them to advise us of their condition.

Comment

Just look at some of those 747 flying by UA or other Smerican airline. They are much older then the SQ one but all in good working condition.

This related to how a company runs, and how fast the maintenance team works to fix up what we "call" small issues!

Spoken to mny SQ staff. They always suggest customer to write in and complain. Very bad projection of company image.
          Well the difference is that UA (and I presume DL as well) have recently retrofitted new interiors into the 744s. Being more familiar with UA, the retrofit was only completed less than a year ago.

But we're drifting off topic.

Comment

• So any ideas when SQ12 will change to an A380...

Comment

• 9V-SKN First Flight

9V-SKN had her first flight today. Delivery to SQ will probably be in May.

9V-SKL seems to have a good chance of delivery in late December, but it could be January. 9V-SKN will probably be delivered in March.

Comment

• 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN all together in Hamburg

9V-SKN is now on her way to XFW to join her sisters. She'll be arriving in Hamburg about two hours from now.

It is unclear whether or not the problem with the Trent 900s will impact the delivery of 9V-SKL.
                Last edited by zvezda; 12 November 2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: Added "in Hamburg" to resolve ambiguity.

Comment

• Oooh another A380 delivery

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                    Oooh another A380 delivery
                    I meant 9V-SKN is on her way from Toulouse to Hamburg to join her sisters 9V-SKL and 9V-SKM who are there for cabin installation, painting, etc. Next delivery to SQ will be 9V-SKL in December or January. I apologize for the ambiguity.

9V-SKO is in Toulouse and will remain there for another four or five months before heading to Hamburg.

Comment

• Here is a photo of 9V-SKN on approach into XFW minutes ago.

http://www.airplaneupload.de/archiv....712bmJW76V.jpg

Comment

• I'd like to see SQ put the plane into service just like that. Economic times are tough. They could launch it on St Patrick's Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by bmchris View Post
                          I'd like to see SQ put the plane into service just like that. Economic times are tough. They could launch it on St Patrick's Day.
                          My guess is that the aerodynamic inefficiency of the paint joints would cost more than would be saved by the lighter weight. I suppose they could remove the primer around the joints and re-apply the primer. Anyway, SQ's livery is not particularly heavy because it's mostly white.

Comment

• No more WhaleJets for SQ this year

It is now clear that 9V-SKL will not be delivered until 2011, hopefully in January. It looks like 9V-SKM will be delivered in March or April, 9V-SKN in May or June, and 9V-SKO perhaps about October.

Comment

• Interesting Thanks. Given what we think we know about the need to replace about half the Trent 970s will there be enough engines in circulation to keep the schedule? I've no idea what the build rate is at RR?

Comment

• Production at Airbus and RR is based on just-in-time manufacturing. There was no large stock of spare engines. So now, Airbus install engines at TLS, fly the raw airframe to XFW for outfitting, pull the engines off and fly them as cargo back to TLS to install on the next frame to be ferried.

Comment

Working...
                                X