No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you think we will see an A380 in Star Alliance livery?

Comment

• Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      Do you mean SQ308/SQ319 or SQ25/SQ26? Each route requires 3 aircraft to operate.
      SQ26 SIN 23:50 06:30+1 FRA 08:30 10:55 JFK
      SQ25 JFK 21:25 11:15+1 FRA 12:35 06:30+1 SIN
      SQ308 SIN 09:05 15:30 LHR
      SQ319 LHR 18:30 14:20+1 SIN

Day 0: Departs SIN at 23:50
      Day 1: Arrives FRA at 08:30, Arrives JFK at 10:55, Departs JFK at 21:25
      Day 2: Arrives FRA at 11:15, Departs FRA at 12:35
      Day 3: Arrives SIN at 06:30, Arrives LHR at 15:30, Departs LHR at 18:30
      Day 4: Arrives SIN at 14:20

Total flight time over the four day rotation is 64 hours. Utilization for four aircraft on just this rotation would be 16 hours per day. With new aircraft i.e. 9V-SKK, 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN, 16 hours per day can perhaps be maintained for months, but not indefinitely. Assuming SQ don't add any regional routes between now and the delivery of 9V-SKL, this should work fine. After about six months of lower utilization during which SQ will have ample time for MX, they can return to the higher operating tempo that we've seen over the last six months.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
        When do you think we will see an A380 in Star Alliance livery?
        When 9V-SPP is retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
          ......With new aircraft i.e. 9V-SKK, 9V-SKL, 9V-SKM, and 9V-SKN, 16 hours per day can perhaps be maintained for months, but not indefinitely....
          I see. You counted SKK. I wonder if SQ will be so aggressive in pushing utilization rate of A388s. Any mechanical issue will have ripple effects on multiple A388 schedules.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            I wonder if SQ will be so aggressive in pushing utilization rate of A388s.
            SQ have been aggressive pushing utilization so far this year. It can be done for a while. If SQ do this, then 9V-SKO would provide an opportunity for MX rather than an immediate new route, just as seems to be the case now with 9V-SKK.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            Any mechanical issue will have ripple effects on multiple A388 schedules.
            If one goes tech while a substitute is not available due to MX, then they would substitute a JumboJet.

Comment

When 9V-SPP is retired.
              Any thoughts when that would be please?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                Any thoughts when that would be please?
                9V-SPP should retire in either the next fiscal year or the following fiscal year. I would not be surprised if 9V-SKS is painted in Star Alliance livery (with the SQ tail, of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                  After 4 months of tight rotations with 10 acft. The inevitable has finally happened! -SKF went tech in CDG. SQ638 tonight has been subbed with -SPJ. Then again, this speaks volumes about the the reliability of the A380. Very impressive.
                  I was in France that week. Am so glad I wasn't on this affected flight.

Comment

• Saw four SQ's 380s when in Toulouse on the 15th. SKK was awaiting delivery. MSN 71 or to be SKN was in the assembly along with an AF and LH 380.

Two other SQ A380 were outside. Too bad they don't allow photos at the Airbus factory.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                      Saw four SQ's 380s when in Toulouse on the 15th. SKK was awaiting delivery. MSN 71 or to be SKN was in the assembly along with an AF and LH 380.

Two other SQ A380 were outside. Too bad they don't allow photos at the Airbus factory.
                      9V-SKL and 9V-SKM are at TLS getting ready for transfer to XFB for cabin outfitting. 9V-SKN will join them shortly.

Comment

For the remainder of the year, SQ will either not upgauge any more flights to WhaleJet service or at most will upgauge one regional flight such as HKG/PVG/PEK/DEL/BOM/BLR. Even SYD/MEL would be too much.
                        Really? Odd that SQ is upgauging SQ231 to SYD if it would be too much then... Maybe you should let them know they should be flying it to BLR instead...

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                          Really? Odd that SQ is upgauging SQ231 to SYD if it would be too much then... Maybe you should let them know they should be flying it to BLR instead...
                          Thanks for that. What's interesting for me is..
                          1. SQ616/615 SIN-KIX 3x weekly in addition to existing once daily flight
                          2. SQ490/491 SIN-IST 4x weekly non-stop
                          3. SQ38/37 SIN-LAX goes daily

Comment

• 9V-SKL made her first flight today and has been flown to XFW for outfitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                              I was two months off on how long they would need to maintain the current rotation before adding such a flight. I should have included the word "about" in the sentence. Go ahead and nail me up to a cross for that.

Comment

I was two months off on how long they would need to maintain the current rotation before adding such a flight. I should have included the word "about" in the sentence. Go ahead and nail me up to a cross for that.
                                Relax. The only person who gets it right all the time is the octopus.

Because of Paul, Singaporeans have lost the use of the slang "Blur like sotong"

Comment

Working...
                                X