No announcement yet.

A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasn't SQ supposed to have bi-class A380s for regional routes?

Comment

• Perhpas you are thinking of EK?

Comment

• I hope to see the day to just for fun try R in the A380 from HKG-SIN. Maybe users in another forum said this.

Comment

• A380 inaugurals

Just thought I'd make a list of the aircraft which operated the various inaugurals

SYD: 9V-SKA
          LHR: 9V-SKB
          NRT: 9V-SKC
          CDG: 9V-SKH
          HKG: 9V-SKG
          MEL: 9V-SKH
          ZRH: 9V-SKD

Happy to be corrected

Comment

• I don't quite understand the rationale especially for the ZRH flight.

I was on the inaugural First to Fly A380 to ZRH on the 28th of March. Equipment, -SKD. Seat in Y class 60A.

As more newer A380s get delivered to SQ, why don't they fly the newer ones on inaugurals?

-SKD was a huge disappointed and disgrace for a first flight. Cabin was filthy, and "water" was leaking from the space where the lights are located, or is it those lines in between them...

Saw tissue paper(!!!) being shoved up to stem the leakage. Absolutely facelosing... For a first flight somemore~!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
              I don't quite understand the rationale especially for the ZRH flight.

I was on the inaugural First to Fly A380 to ZRH on the 28th of March. Equipment, -SKD. Seat in Y class 60A.

As more newer A380s get delivered to SQ, why don't they fly the newer ones on inaugurals?

-SKD was a huge disappointed and disgrace for a first flight. Cabin was filthy, and "water" was leaking from the space where the lights are located, or is it those lines in between them...

Saw tissue paper(!!!) being shoved up to stem the leakage. Absolutely facelosing... For a first flight somemore~!
              Suprised to known that this problem has not been fixed. Was on SIN-TOK first few A380 flight and getting the same problem above my seat. Think that was more than 1 years back!.

Comment

• European Disruption - Using A380s To Clear Backlog?

I was just thinking, will SQ start to deploy the A380s being currently used for HK & Tokyo to clear the backlog for the European sector?

How feasible is such an aircraft swop in terms of logistics management - lesser of 2 evils perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                  Suprised to known that this problem has not been fixed. Was on SIN-TOK first few A380 flight and getting the same problem above my seat. Think that was more than 1 years back!.
                  Water leak or just water droplets from air con condensation?

Comment

• Is 48D on the A380 as good as it looks on the seat plan? It appears that there is no seat in front. I've flown the A380 before but always in a window seat, upper desk (74 or 78K) and am interested if this seat on the main deck will be comfortable.

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobson73 View Post
                      Is 48D on the A380 as good as it looks on the seat plan? It appears that there is no seat in front. I've flown the A380 before but always in a window seat, upper desk (74 or 78K) and am interested if this seat on the main deck will be comfortable.

Thanks,
                      Speaking from personal experience. Yes it is Exactly what you think it should be and more! But it is charged as priority seat i think.

Comment

• Great, thanks! It's allowed me to reserve it so don't think there is a surcharge. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                          Speaking from personal experience. Yes it is Exactly what you think it should be and more! But it is charged as priority seat i think.
                          Checked in today online and chose seat 48D. No mention of any surcharges.

Comment

• 9V-SKK

9V-SKK is to be flown back to Toulouse tomorrow and due for delivery very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                              9V-SKK is to be flown back to Toulouse tomorrow and due for delivery very soon.
                              How? Did the Koito issue get resolved already without an AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                                How? Did the Koito issue get resolved already without an AD?
                                I assume the issue has been resolved. The info came from the A380 Production Forum which to date has been very reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                X