X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL to SIN: First Class worth it?

Hi, I am new here.

Just a few questions .
    I have thought o taking Business Class from KLIA -SIN. however whenever I click on Business class, they put me to First Class. Is it that the 777-200 configuration has only First and Economy Class?

Secondly, is it worth taking the first class rather than the economy class, becasue this will be my first experience taking a first class flight.

Thanks

Welcome to SQTalk, laimd!

Yes, there is only first class and economy on this flight. Its a regional business class seat sold as first class and the price diffence is about S$50 each way. Do not expect too much from the "first class" experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post

Yes, there is only first class and economy on this flight. Its a regional business class seat sold as first class and the price diffence is about S$50 each way. Do not expect too much from the "first class" experience.
      Hi SuperJon Jon,

In this case, if I book for business class, I will be given the first class seat?
      and since this is a short flight, what kind of service will be provided on board?
      Is it worth paying ?

Comment

Originally posted by laimd View Post
        In this case, if I book for business class, I will be given the first class seat?
        No. You book first class and get a business class seat...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post

It's 59 SGD each way on a SIN-KUL-SIN ticket, SITI SIN
          It's 97 SGD each way on a KUL-SIN-KUL ticket, SITI KUL

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Thanks for your help.. er.. I am only flying back from KUL - SIN..
            still considering whether want to take SIN-KUL-SIN.

Is it worth to take Economy or First Class?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Sorry for providing wrong info, didnt realise that the price is more expensive ex-KUL.

Comment

Originally posted by laimd View Post
                Thanks for your help.. er.. I am only flying back from KUL - SIN..
                still considering whether want to take SIN-KUL-SIN.

Is it worth to take Economy or First Class?

Thanks.
                Personally, i dont think that it is worth it.

Comment

It is not worth it. I never upgrade on a pure KUL-SIN-KUL segment. I only do it if i upgrade from J-F on a longhaul and get it thrown in as part of the fare.

The last one i took on tuesday I slept right through it. I can't begin to remember how many of those I slept through. 40 minutes as the crow flies - that's it. Totally underwhelming.

Comment

Definitely not worth it. It is a waste of money.
                    Flights are too short and you only get cold snacks. Save it for a good nice meal in SIN.
                    The F experience only last on the ground (check in, lounge, etc). Lounge in KUL is not that great either, nothing compares to the F lounge in SIN.

Comment

Once upon a time it was worth it for the chance to sip your fare's worth of Dom in the SIN SKL F. But alas....
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

IT IS DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT
                        but yours truly always fly it becos of the 118D price difference :chuckles

As a senior puts it, the F experience really ends on the ground (or sometimes you don't get it at all). You begin with alighting from your car/taxi at T2 row 1. A Premium Service porter will greet you and whisk you and luggage into the Premium Check-In lounge. Some times you don't even get it at all; me and the missus were booked on the 112 flight from SIN to KUL on Sep 30 but becos we were in polos, berms and slippers(yes, that is how casual we are) and imagine to my surprise as I alighted from the taxi holding my maroon F ticket sleeve, "First Class passenger". "No lah!!!". I gave that unker a smirk and walked away. 5 days later, the same unker made a feeble attempt with helping with the luggage as me and the missus were travelling F on 972 to BKK, this time looking more presentable. I sidestepped him, yanked off a trolley and gladly helped myself with the luggage. Why?? F pax not allowed to wear berms and flip flops?

CIQ clearance is through the private passageway in Changi. You get addressed Mr and Mrs so-and-so and the odd occassion when one of the staff members remembers you when you travel F frequently enough. Checking in and CIQ process is fast enough, comparable with flying cattle since Singapore is pretty much efficient.

Off you go to the SKL F. I guess this is a more serene place then the C. I remembered the C lounge much like a primary school classroom with much noise and lotsa ppl milling around since the revision of the lounge rules for PPS members. Food is pretty ok but can't comment on the Dom or Krug because "she-who-must-be-respected" forbade consumption of alcohol. But you would have already read about the SKL F experience in other threads.

Off you go to the aircraft which is usually a 2 class old regional 772 with the Ultimo Business Class seats. Occassionally the retrofitted 772 is delpoyed (yes, the extended range with spacebeds), but don't count too much on it. Out of 20 or so trips to and fro, I have mostly seen it on 102/103 and 118/119, constituting 40% of n my KUL soujourns. You are almost certain to get some roast chicken/smoked salmon or beef pastrami sandwich cold cuts. My grandma always say... the flight is 55 min because of the 30 jerks eating in front. The pax in Y just drink kawfee. I have seen 3 FSS rush from Y to F just to help clear up because food service was delayed in F due to turbulance.

On exit, you take the Aerotrain (uncannily like our old skytrains) from the satelite international terminal to the contact point. F pax clear through the diplomatic/premier channel. After clearance, take your time to walk to baggage claim. The first piece of sushi loads onto the kaiten belt at least a good 10 minutes after you reach the belt even if you are the last to deplane from F. We have learnt to take the airport limo from KLIA to KL city center because the difference isn't that much if we use the KLIA Ekspress and monorial to get to Times Square which we always stay.

Lastly, nothing to shout about the SKL lounge in KUL. I don't know why but it is always pasta. I end up eating instant noodles or head to the nearby burger king. Hopefully after i get EG status after my US and North Asia business trip in the coming months, I can transit over to the Thai lounge which I heard is the designated *A lounge. I'd love to try the Golden Club as well. I heard it is good.

End of the day, it still boils down to your own decision as to whether you find the experinece interesting. It gets tired after a while, unless they do an equipment as a cameo

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          Hopefully after i get EG status after my US and North Asia business trip in the coming months, I can transit over to the Thai lounge which I heard is the designated *A lounge.
                          You can enter the TG lounge without *G status if you have an SQ F boarding pass.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            You can enter the TG lounge without *G status if you have an SQ F boarding pass.
                            Thanks KeithMEL. I'd be sure to note that

Comment

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Most probably I'll save up for the Business Class trip to Sydney on the A380next March.

SOrry as I am New here.. Do you guys organise any event,outings,or trip overseas?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X