• Time
  • Show
Clear All

beautiful pics you got there

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
      i quess SQ didnt make a new safety video for the a380

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GW9A7yV6kw
      They are lazy. Also, not sure anyone notice in SQ website. Most A380 image has SIA logo on the 4 engines. But the real one does not have it!

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
        They are lazy. Also, not sure anyone notice in SQ website. Most A380 image has SIA logo on the 4 engines. But the real one does not have it!
        On your latter point, of course we noticed. But we do recognize that there might be a difference between initial intentions and eventual implementation.

As for your first inference, it's several layers up from the fact [no new video] that it's hard to react to it. Unless you have evidence that enough members of SQ management thought the safey video was a priority and could not be bothered to act despite the low cost of designing and rolling out a new safety video aligned with the (new?) SQ branding, I'm afraid your conclusion is a bit strong. JMO.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          On your latter point, of course we noticed. But we do recognize that there might be a difference between initial intentions and eventual implementation.

As for your first inference, it's several layers up from the fact [no new video] that it's hard to react to it. Unless you have evidence that enough members of SQ management thought the safey video was a priority and could not be bothered to act despite the low cost of designing and rolling out a new safety video aligned with the (new?) SQ branding, I'm afraid your conclusion is a bit strong. JMO.

There is no reason for not to have new sfety video or new updated picture on the website. Look, the aircraft was delayed for number of months before it actually flies. There is no reason for no time or not enough time!

Comment

There is no reason for not to have new sfety video or new updated picture on the website. Look, the aircraft was delayed for number of months before it actually flies. There is no reason for no time or not enough time!
            It's a question of focus in the face of rising customer demand for air travel, and competition for management's bandwidth.

Competing for attention on a relatively cosmetic issue (a new safety video), are more operational manners (fixing the capacity shortage with your existing aircraft, training crew, ensuring that customers perceived the price premium on your new products to be justified, making sure the T3 transition is as smooth as possible, etc.).

But I guess you think differently?
            Last edited by jjpb3; 12 November 2007, 07:57 AM.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Eh? If the current safety video serves its intended function, then the job is done. Plus there is a safety card for each pax. Everything else above that is, IMHO, secondary/nice to have.

Oh yes, we have noticed the absence of logos. There might be reasons associated with that. I support jjpb3's response.

Comment

Yes I do not see why they would produce a new safety video for their new plane. As far as I am aware they have standard safety video accross all of their planes at the moment so why would they produce another one.

Comment

Working...
                X