Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ KUL-SIN F run

Hi All,

Just need some assistance from fellow SQTalk'ers.

I'm on the VS FC FF Program. And i am planning to do a same day F run from KUL-SIN-KUL-SIN-KUL (I.e. 2 returns ex KUL) on SQ. Just need the Tier Points on VS to get Gold on VS

These are the flights i am thinking of booking:

SQ103
    First Class (B777-200/200ER)
    Depart Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
    08:55
    Arrive Singapore (SIN)
    09:50

SQ108
    Depart Singapore (SIN)
    12:45
    Arrive Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
    13:40

SQ109
    Depart Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
    14:30
    Arrive Singapore (SIN)
    15:25

SQ116
    Depart Singapore (SIN)
    17:00
    Arrive Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
    17:55

Between SQ108 and SQ109 will i be able to make it ?

Also i take it i don't even have to go past customs at any stage? As i will be going from arrival terminal to SKL F.

Whats the best way to book these tickets? Just book 2 separate tickets on the SQ website?

Looks like i will be visiting the SKL F quite a bit!

Cheers,
    K.

Yes you will be able to made it. If I'm not wrong, you will return to SIN with the same plane that you arrive. Since you probably won't have checked luggage, you don't have to go thru the custom at any stage, just stay at the satellite terminal. Other KUL regulars or members should be able to give more info abt this matter.

Comment

Thanks for this Hopefully we have a few KUL regulars here or have done this run

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
      Yes you will be able to made it. If I'm not wrong, you will return to SIN with the same plane that you arrive. Since you probably won't have checked luggage, you don't have to go thru the custom at any stage, just stay at the satellite terminal. Other KUL regulars or members should be able to give more info abt this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by k3nnis View Post
        Hopefully we have a few KUL regulars here
        There might be one or two around

Actually - SQ108 and 109 are the same planes. So you get off the plane, don't change levels - just walk right back to the departure side of the gate - assuming you have picked up your KUL-SIN BP in SIN. A visit to the SKL KUL will be too tight though.

When are you doing this? If it's the day after tomorrow, let me know

Comment

Thanks SQFlyergirl.

I'm not doing this trip until mid Jan 08. I hope the agreements between VS and SQ don't change before then!

Actually can i get all BP's for my whole itenary at KUL checkin on SQ103? If i can't do i just get them at transfer desks or at the lounges?

Are any of my flights with the skybeds?

I'm sure i will meet the same FA's and same Lounge Dragons! I think i will be embarrased. LOL.

Cheers,
          K.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          There might be one or two around

Actually - SQ108 and 109 are the same planes. So you get off the plane, don't change levels - just walk right back to the departure side of the gate - assuming you have picked up your KUL-SIN BP in SIN. A visit to the SKL KUL will be too tight though.

When are you doing this? If it's the day after tomorrow, let me know

Comment

Actually can i get all BP's for my whole itenary at KUL checkin on SQ103? If i can't do i just get them at transfer desks or at the lounges?
            Should be able to get it in KUL at the start.

Are any of my flights with the skybeds?
            Nope. SQ hasn't leased any planes from Qantas

as for Spacebeds, they're not usually scheduled - but changes happen from time to time, I've most commonly seen it on SQ118/119 though. Otherwise it's the regional J config, which i MUCH prefer for this short hop to SIN. Spacebeds are horrible to sit upright on.

Comment

Thanks! Sorry i mixed it up with QF's J product

Is there any DOM on these flights?

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Should be able to get it in KUL at the start.

Nope. SQ hasn't leased any planes from Qantas

as for Spacebeds, they're not usually scheduled - but changes happen from time to time, I've most commonly seen it on SQ118/119 though. Otherwise it's the regional J config, which i MUCH prefer for this short hop to SIN. Spacebeds are horrible to sit upright on.

Comment

Is there any DOM on these flights?
                DOM? There's no alcohol at all, period.

This particular route is underwhelming as far as F experiences go really.

Comment

I took SIN-KUL in F early this year. There's not much service to be had, the flight was extremely short and only got rather tiny refreshments (read: 2 or 3 layer of smoked salmons). The flight attendants had to rush as well, the captain announced the plane was descending once I finished eating my refreshment.

Comment

Thanks All I guess the only place i can get most used of is the SKL F.

Do you recommend me going to the TG F lounge at KUL or use the SKL F ?

Comment

Do you recommend me going to the TG F lounge at KUL or use the SKL F ?
                      Neither the TG Lounge nor SKL are separated by F and J sections. I used to prefer the TG lounge, but since the SKL got redecorated a couple of months ago, i prefer the SKL now.

Comment

You should not have any problems connecting onto your succeeding flight. AFAIK, you should be able to check in for all your sectors and get return BPs for all.

In the space of the past 3 months, I have been shuttling between SIN and KUL (yup taken 102, 106, 112, 116 and 118 ex SIN) and noted that SQ seems pretty lenient with this route in terms of timing. I eas able to get a ticket, hop next door for check-in, then run to the gate in under 55 min.

Don't expect the ERs... it is really ad hoc. Thus far, I have only seen it on 102 and 118, and only 3 out of 9 times Iflew this route. Flight s short... can be shorter if the 30 pax not get their cold dish... ever seen FSS scuttling from Y to pseudo-F (why can't they call it J's its proper name) to help prep for landing.

As for SKL, i doubt you will enjoy it much. In SIN, your a/c is usually at F30ish or F50ish and can take a long walk to SKL F. But if you are there, do try the Ipoh Hor Fun. Nothing much to shout about for KUL SKL. There is no designated J/F sections and you cannoy use the TG lounge, i think. Food in KUL SKL is palty... pasta pasta all the way/

Let me know how i could be of further help

Comment

i just checked the sia page ... can it be that SIN - KUL return is 430 SGD in y and 548 SGD in F? if that's true ... i'll so go for an F daytrip in january.
                          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                            i just checked the sia page ... can it be that SIN - KUL return is 430 SGD in y and 548 SGD in F? if that's true ... i'll so go for an F daytrip in january.
                            That can't be true... otherwise they'd have an empty y!
                            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. So no nice champagnes at any of the SKL's?

I will try the Ipoh hor fun

Can someone confirm if i will be able to get into the TG Lounge at KUL with a SQ F BP?

Comment

Working...
                              X