No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really a pity that SQ used to have more aircraft than CX, now CX had surpassed over 100 aircraft whereas SQ had only 95...!

Comment

Not sure about the full year but the guidance given was (as of 15 October 2007):

+2 A388
      +4 B77W

Operating Fleet at 31 March 2008: 99.

Comment

SQTalker, Singapore Airlines has 93 aircraft in operation. The other airline you referred to includes freighters in their calculations though. SIA Cargo has around 10+ B744Fs in the fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
          It's really a pity that SQ used to have more aircraft than CX, now CX had surpassed over 100 aircraft whereas SQ had only 95...!
          SQ have larger aircraft than CX.
          Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
          Not sure about the full year but the guidance given was (as of 15 October 2007):

+2 A388
          +4 B77W

Operating Fleet at 31 March 2008: 99.
          Assuming the four 777s include 9V-SWL, that implies one 747 to be retired by 31 March 2008.

Comment

Oh yes of course - forgot about SWL.

Hmm. They normally explicitly tell us if the retire a B744 or two. Maybe they forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              SQTalker, Singapore Airlines has 93 aircraft in operation. The other airline you referred to includes freighters in their calculations though. SIA Cargo has around 10+ B744Fs in the fleet.
              Aside from 9V-SWL, is it possible you're missing another one? Perhaps either 9V-SKA or 9V-SPR? Wikipedia says there are 95 now in operation. Perhaps another 747 has been retired but Wikipedia hasn't been updated?

Comment

Comment

Thanks Singapore_Air. I wonder which of the 95 listed at Wikipedia is not now in the operating fleet.

Comment

SMY is going through a PTF in SIAEC hangar now.

PTF = conversion pax to freighter program
                    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

Thanks lame38.5!

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                        Well, I don't know about you guys, but for me, the number of planes doesn't really matter. What really matters to me is that the aircraft is up to date and not jaded.
                        We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                          What really matters to me is that the aircraft is up to date and not jaded.
                          What does it mean for an aircraft to be jaded? I thought only people could be jaded.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            What does it mean for an aircraft to be jaded? I thought only people could be jaded.
                            No anything can be jaded it just means something that is worn out due to being over worked or overused.

It actually originally referred to horses but now can be used for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              No anything can be jaded it just means something that is worn out due to being over worked or overused.

It actually originally referred to horses but now can be used for anything.
                              Ok. I thought it meant lacking enthusiasm due to being tired. I can see how that would work for horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                                Yup, you got me right!
                                We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Working...
                                X