No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well put, boing (both the assessment of current management's jaundiced view of branding, and the desirability of establishing a civil aviation museum of some sort in Singapore).
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
      The current management, even in good times, was a very pragmatic and financial driven one leaving no room for feelings, loyalties or memories.
      Shame then. The people they carry in the bellies of their planes funnily enough DO have feelings, loyalties and memories.

I'm glad CX kept Betsy. I'm glad SA has Lebombo and I'm glad QF has the city of bunbury still.

Comment

• FYI, MU is leased. Bye bye when the lease ends

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          FYI, MU is leased. Bye bye when the lease ends
          I was just thinking that. Maybe after the last operator is done with her, perhaps Boeing would park her at the Boeing field in Seattle next to the first 747. It's only fitting to see the 1000th 747 rest there.

Comment

• To all, thank you for your replie about preserving a Singapore Airlines 747. I have travelled on a few of them (as many have) and after going to Longreach and visiting the Qantas museum (been twice) and I personally would love to see a museum set up to honour Singapore Airlines and especially one of their 747's. Fantastic assessment Boing of having an aviation museum in Singapore.

Comment

• Is 9V-SPP leaving any time soon? SQ have offered this for Dry Lease or Sale?

EDIT:

Also there are now up for sale or lease not sure if they have been taken out of service.

9V-SPQ
              9V-SPO
              Last edited by FN-GM; 7 June 2010, 05:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
                ...I personally would love to see a museum set up to honour Singapore Airlines and especially one of their 747's. Fantastic assessment Boing of having an aviation museum in Singapore.
                I agree with you.

Within months of MSA splitting to form MAS & SQ, the 747 era began for SQ.

You might say that the 747 was SQ..
                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 30 December 2010, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Also there are now up for sale or lease not sure if they have been taken out of service.

9V-SPQ
                  9V-SPO
                  Saw SPO in FRA on June 1 operating as SQ26.

Comment

Is 9V-SPP leaving any time soon? SQ have offered this for Dry Lease or Sale?

EDIT:

9V-SPQ
                    9V-SPO
                    These 744s are currently active, covering SQ26/25 and SQ12/11: 9V-SMU, SPA, SPE, SPJ, SPO, SPP, and SPQ.

Comment

• Must be going soon then as they are up on the market.

Am i right in thinking that 9V-SPP is the Star Alliance one?

Comment

Must be going soon then as they are up on the market.
                        They have been on sale for a long time.

Comment

• Be seeing SPM soon...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                            These 744s are currently active, covering SQ26/25 and SQ12/11: 9V-SMU, SPA, SPE, SPJ, SPO, SPP, and SPQ.
                            With the historic value of this aircraft, will they hold on to it the longest? I'm not suggesting they retain it as a museum piece although that would be great as well. Or is it just pure coincidence that it is still flying for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuu99 View Post
                              With the historic value of this aircraft, will they hold on to it the longest? I'm not suggesting they retain it as a museum piece although that would be great as well. Or is it just pure coincidence that it is still flying for them?
                              I remember Nick C mentioning sometime last year that since this is currently a leased aircraft, SQ is trying to get the maximum use out of it.

Comment

• I just flew on SPQ sq11 few days ago. After having some chat with the steward, he eplains that the likely replacement for sq 12/11 is 77w. A380 is unfavorable due to slow cooldown time for a380 (2-3 hrs) meanwhile transit in narita is only about one hour. He expect hhe a/c change inq late 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X