No announcement yet.

SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQTalker, thanks for sharing that. Fascinating stuff!

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
      erm... most of SQ planes r owned by Banks.. except, i think, SMU. even SQ's 380s are also owned by foreign banks...none were SQ's.
      You are partly correct. if you have seen the Certificate of registration, some 744s are owned by SQ, all 777s are owned by SQ, not sure abt the A345s and all the A380s are owned by foriegn banks. I know this as i have to check the validity of all the certs whenever the aircraft are on nightstop in base.

Cheers People

Comment

• Thank you, SQTalker for that info. I didn't know all of the SQ routes details, besides the ones I travelled on. I also heard that even after the arrivals of the Megatops, they kept using the Big Tops for the Vancouver routes for a almost 4 yrs, but the stop was not in Incheon. Does anyone here know that stopover point was back then? I also agree that they should've kept the common stopover point of Honolulu for passenger flexibility on the US pacific flights.

Also, on another thread, the A380 thread, I read that there is a reduction of 744 flights from LHR because of decreased passenger capacity, but when I checked the e-schedule for April, it is still showing A380 and 744 flights. Is this speculation or is this actually happening? If it is, is it temporary until the load picks up again, or is this a direction towards the phasing out of the Megatops, thereby removing possibly another couple of Megatops from the fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post

Also, on another thread, the A380 thread, I read that there is a reduction of 744 flights from LHR because of decreased passenger capacity, but when I checked the e-schedule for April, it is still showing A380 and 744 flights. Is this speculation or is this actually happening? If it is, is it temporary until the load picks up again, or is this a direction towards the phasing out of the Megatops, thereby removing possibly another couple of Megatops from the fleet?
          The cancellations of SQ308/319 are scattered dates -- presumably days with low advance bookings. The two flights are not being withdrawn for the entire period to beginning of the northern summer timetable.

Comment

• Thanks Bitterroot for that info. I may go to Singapore and Malaysia in April, so I just wanted to be sure.

I may be way off in the end, but my guess is, the last of the Megatops to leave the fleet, if and when that happens, are SMU, SPQ, and SPP. I'm just guessing with SPP since it has the Star Alliance livery, which is the a requirement for a star alliance member to have at least 3 planes with that livery, but of course, they can always paint another plane in that livery as well. SMU and SPQ are the only Megatops with the new SQ livery, so that is why I'm guessing those to, and also because SMU is the 1000th 747.

I also like the fact that SQ keeps their tail logo on all their planes, even the Star Alliance livery ones. The other airlines like Lufthansa all have the same uniform livery, which makes it harder to differentiate from far away.

Comment

• all 777s are owned by SQ
              Not really. Most of the 777s are owned by banks as well. Esp the Y and V series a/c. The 345s are all owned by SQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
                Not really. Most of the 777s are owned by banks as well. Esp the Y and V series a/c. The 345s are all owned by SQ.
                AS far i know, the certificate of registration have to name the owner of the Aircraft and all the 777s certificate named Singapore Airlines as the owner. Not sure if they have changed the past month.

Comment

• The last time I checked the CoR was abt 2 yrs back and I clearly remember a few 777s had banks as owners. I clearly remember SVK having kris or fargo as the owner as well as most Y series. But if u had seen it last month, guess they could have reverted back to SQ ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                    You are partly correct. if you have seen the Certificate of registration, some 744s are owned by SQ, all 777s are owned by SQ, not sure abt the A345s and all the A380s are owned by foriegn banks. I know this as i have to check the validity of all the certs whenever the aircraft are on nightstop in base.

Cheers People
                    hi, we work in the same company! heheee... u shd know by my nick wat it means? cheers!
                    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• by the way, i heard frm a boss, 9v-SPL sold to cathay pacific.
                      life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

AS far i know, the certificate of registration have to name the owner of the Aircraft and all the 777s certificate named Singapore Airlines as the owner. Not sure if they have changed the past month.
                        Pembroke Group owns the following 777s.

9V-SQI (777-212ER)
                        9V-SRK (777-212ER)
                        9V-SRN (777-212ER)
                        9V-SVH (777-212ER)
                        9V-SYK (777-312)

Comment

• Originally posted by lame38.5 View Post
                          by the way, i heard frm a boss, 9v-SPL sold to cathay pacific.
                          Yup, they converting it to freighters. Jus saw it took off a few hours back. Sad to see a beautiful aircraft go away. and by the way which line are u in?

Might miss those few 777s. Jus did my check and confirm SWF is ours. FYI only.

Comment

Yup, they converting it to freighters. Jus saw it took off a few hours back. Sad to see a beautiful aircraft go away. and by the way which line are u in?
                            I've never been on 9V-SPL, but yeah, it is sad that a former Tropical Megatop is now being sent to Cathay Pacific with BCF Conversion. 9V-SPA is another possible BCF project, which I've had good times and bad times with, which I've mentioned on this thread earlier. 9V-SMB was the first Megatop I've ever been (actually it was the first 747-400 of any airline I've ever been on) way back '91 on the flight to Toronto when they had those flights, in which I travelled as an Unaacompanied minor and had the opportunity to go into the cockpit (my only visit to a 747 cockpit), and now I heard it is a BCF as well. I guess it is only a matter of time before they all end up stored or converted as BCFs, since a lot of former SQ Megatops are BCFs after serving as passenger with another airline.

Comment

• Looks like I heard incorrect info. I saw that 9V-SMB was still in passenger service with Air Pacific, and some some pics, but unsure of the current status. It may be a BCF, or maybe not. I heard it was converted at one time. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

• 9V-SMB is currently DQ-FJL and still flying as of today out of Nadi. There were rumours about 9V-SMB going to BCF conversion in 2007 Q3 but these were only rumours apparently.

/ATDB

Comment

Working...
                                X