SQ B747-400 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
    SQ is disposing all the B744s that were leased. Those that they owned they are keeping them as long as they can. This is what i know from my sources in Tech services.
    They've all been sold off already, with delivery dates in the future and some lease-back arrangements.

Comment

• Originally posted by banx007 View Post
      As for SMU, i think it was the 1000th 747 frame and also partly for the same reason as i mentioned.
      Maybe it is high time SQ sets up a museum about itself....by keeping SMU and converting it's interiors into one!
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

• I've amended the list, I'm hoping it's correct.

Has SQ retired any more 744s since 9V-SMW? Is 9V-SMU next for retirement? And if 9V-SPB is currently being retired by SQ then which airline will be the next operator?

Cheers.

Comment

• hihi, SPB is being returned to lessor, any news about the nx airline operating it, i'll post back soon.
          life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• When was 9V-SPB's last flight?

Comment

• i'm happy to be proven wrong but it should be a SQ865 on 16 sept.

Comment

• I'm really going to miss the Megatops once their days are numbered. IMO there has never been a more stylish looking aircraft from the exterior built than the 744s and the bird logo looks perfect on this type of machine.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                  I'm really going to miss the Megatops once their days are numbered. IMO there has never been a more stylish looking aircraft from the exterior built than the 744s and the bird logo looks perfect on this type of machine.
                  I think the 747-8 is much nicer looking than the 747-400.

Comment

• 9V-SPB will be re-registered as 4X-ELE for El Al. Will be ferried via BKK as LY084 on 28/10.

Source: Anet

Comment

• I also think the Boeing 747-400 is the nicest looking aircraft in service today. It's too bad that they will be phased out in the next 3-4 years. I've always liked the 747s, even from the 100s and 200s. I think my first flight on a Boeing 474 was an SQ flight on a 747-200 in 1979, according to my parents. I was a little sad when SQ sold their final ones, but was a lot more sad when they retired all the Big Top 747-300s. The 747-300 is my second most favorite plane after the -400s. I was fortunate to go on the SQ 747-300 once on a rare Kl-Singapore flight back in 1991.

I hope SQ keeps the 747-400s as long as they can, and I also hope that if they are going to phase them out, they should at least replace them with the 747-8, which should be released in 2010 or 2011. I prefer the 747-8 to the A380 in terms of looks. And at the same time, they should continue the tradition if keeping a 747 in the fleet, which they've had for the last 35+ years.I do agree that the 747-8 look nice, but I still like the wing tips of the 747-400.

Long line Boeing 747 !!!

Comment

• P.S. On the fourth line, 474 should've been 747

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                          I hope SQ keeps the 747-400s as long as they can, and I also hope that if they are going to phase them out, they should at least replace them with the 747-8, which should be released in 2010 or 2011. I prefer the 747-8 to the A380 in terms of looks. And at the same time, they should continue the tradition if keeping a 747 in the fleet, which they've had for the last 35+ years.I do agree that the 747-8 look nice, but I still like the wing tips of the 747-400.

Long line Boeing 747 !!!
                          Last 744 will leave the fleet in 2011

747-8i in SQ livery will only be a dream. It doesn't feature in SQ's future fleet plans.

Comment

• I heard from a couple of SQ maintenance staff ans one pilot in Singapore that they may very well replace the SQ 747-400Fs Mega Arks with the the 747-8 F. Even though there official weren't any talks, the chances of this happening are likely. No word on the 747-8 passenger version in SQ livery, but they can still see it happening, although, they'll probably have most of the long haul flights with the A380s.

Comment

• The two candidates for SQ's next freighter are the 777F and the 747-8F.

The 747-8I looks unlikely now. What would it replace? The WhaleJets and 777-300ERs are too new to replace given that SQ are happy with them. Five of the 777-300s are being replaced by A330-300s. Replacing a 777-200ER with a 747-8I is far-fetched, as the 787, A350, or 777-300ER are all better candidates for such missions and already in the SQ fleet.

That leaves only growth as a reason to add the 747-8I. Unless SQ were to need ten or more, it would make more sense to add to either or both of the 777-300ER or WhaleJet subfleets.

Comment

• Noticed that 9V-SMU hasn't flown in December at all. Any updates on her status?

Comment

Working...
                                X