Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    Just flew SPQ the other day
    Same here, SPQ the other day and SPJ yesterday.
    zxcvbn

Comment

• Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
      Well, SQ could pull the fifth A380 off SQ 318, downgauging it to daily Megatop service, and then put the fifth and sixth A380 onto daily SQ 1/2 service. Problem is that a downgauge, however temporary, seems unlikely, especially on a premier route like LHR. And SQ probably might like to put the A380 on SQ 1/2 in steps-- first 3x/wk then go daily. With the seventh and eighth due early next year, the step increase would be fast.
      That is my thinking exactly. However, while 9V-SKG and 9V-SKH were due in January, the fifth round of delays has pushed those deliveries further into the future. Hopefully, SQ will see them in March or April. I've heard that some people at SQ are steaming mad that they will probably not be delivered in time for the Lunar New Year travel season, when SQ most need the capacity.

Comment

• SQ's not likely to pull SKE off LHR duty. JMO.

It's not just loads - it's yields and a slot at LHR is worth a LOT of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
          Same here, SPQ the other day and SPJ yesterday.
          We were on SQ318, July 6th - don't say you were on the same flight!

Comment

We were on SQ318, July 6th - don't say you were on the same flight!
            Well, the other day meaning couple of weeks back - second last SQ flight.
            SQ 2, 26 Jun!
            zxcvbn

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
              Well, the other day meaning couple of weeks back - second last SQ flight.
              SQ 2, 26 Jun!
              Ahh ok,...was thinking it would've been quite a coincidence!

Comment

Ahh ok,...was thinking it would've been quite a coincidence!
                it would!
                zxcvbn

Comment

• Status of 9V-SMS and 9V-SMW

Hello, this is my first post here..

I am looking for definite status on 747-400 9V-SMS and 9V-SMW. One of these became EC-KSM with Air Pullmantur. Spannish sources say this is 9V-SMS, Boeing records show this as 9V-SMW. Clarification and whereabouts of the other 747 highly appreciated. Thanks !

Alexandre.

Comment

• Originally posted by aerotransport View Post
                    Hello, this is my first post here..

I am looking for definite status on 747-400 9V-SMS and 9V-SMW. One of these became EC-KSM with Air Pullmantur. Spannish sources say this is 9V-SMS, Boeing records show this as 9V-SMW. Clarification and whereabouts of the other 747 highly appreciated. Thanks !

Alexandre.
                    hi Alexandre,
                    SMW has become Air Pullmanthur.
                    SMS is being converted into a freighter. This is coming from someone who had worked on tis aircrafts.
                    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• Thank you
                      /A

Comment

• With 9V-SKF joining the fleet now, will a JumboJet be retired right away or will SQ keep them in service through the Lunar New Year peak travel season? I know three JumboJets are due to be retired before April 1, 2009.

Comment

• apparently SPB is now in the process of being returned back to lessor.. right after SFI.
                          life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

• SQ really ain't gonna dispose SMU? Why did they choose to dispose SPB ahead of SMU? Because of Fengshui again?
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              SQ's not likely to pull SKE off LHR duty. JMO.

It's not just loads - it's yields and a slot at LHR is worth a LOT of money.
                              That and the media presence of the A380 at LHR. SQ318 is one of the busiest in the system too...

Comment

• Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                                SQ really ain't gonna dispose SMU? Why did they choose to dispose SPB ahead of SMU? Because of Fengshui again?
                                SQ is disposing all the B744s that were leased. Those that they owned they are keeping them as long as they can. This is what i know from my sources in Tech services. As for SMU, i think it was the 1000th 747 frame and also partly for the same reason as i mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X