Singapore Airlines posts first quarterly profit since COVID-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines posts first quarterly profit since COVID-19 pandemic

"SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines (SIA) posted a net profit of S$85 million in the third quarter on Thursday (Feb 24), helped by a strong cargo market and an improvement in passenger numbers as Singapore eased some of its border restrictions.

The airline reported its first profitable quarter since December 2019, before the pandemic hit. The profit for the three months ended Dec 31 came in versus a loss of S$142 million in the year-ago period that was boosted by a tax credit.
    1. Revenue= S$2.32 billion (S$1.07 billion in 2020/2021)
    2. Group passenger capacity= 45 per cent of pre-COVID-19 level
    3. Group operating profit= S$76 million for the three months ended December 2021 (S$331 million loss in 2020/2021)
    4. Group operating loss for the nine months to December 2021= S$543 million. (S$1.65 billion in 2020/2021)
    5. Group operating cash surplus= S$322 million for the first nine months of the year
    6. Passenger flown revenue= S$1.25 billion
    7. Cargo flown revenue= S$1.24 billion

Its passenger network covered a total of 85 destinations, up from 65 in the previous quarter, with SIA serving 63 and Scoot serving 35."

Some good light at the end of the tunnel! Hooray!

The phoenix is rising!

Comment

Remarkably quick recovery!

Comment

Anecdotally, the flights are getting very full. Just over the weekend, my friends flew in from SEA on SQ27 via YYR. They informed me that the plane was "almost full" (though the SEA-YYR sector was very light).

I've just booked a J ticket for mid-May SIN-LHR and the cabin is already over 50% full. SQ is charging S$9k+!

Comment

Will SQ resume or open any USA 5th freedom flights?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ002 View Post
            Will SQ resume or open any USA 5th freedom flights?
            My guess is you're referring to the HKG/SFO flights (SQ8/7)...Well, recently HKG has announced it's easing some flight restrictions. I anticipate hopefully soon or latest in June that flight will return.

All other 5th freedom flights that were suspended during the pandemic have returned.

Comment

Anyone has any ideas if they would restore Japan flights ?

Comment

Working...
              X