Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PEK-SIN last week still using old F tags, it seems

Comment

From the many flights I have taken, only once have I ever checked baggage on SQ hence don't have a picture of the most recent priority tags however I took a picture of a bunch of hand luggage tags along with an old priority checked baggage tag that I still have from 2 years ago.

cheers.
      Last edited by SQ All The Way; 14 July 2009, 04:07 AM. Reason: Was getting difficulty adding the photo

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        I don't know if anyone has noticed that they have started using smaller priority tags (of the same design).
        I never check bags so I hadn't noticed. I thought the *A priority tags were almost standardised across the alliance? Have other airlines also changed to a smaller size?

Comment

Dont like it

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity
            Must be another eco-friendly scheme coming on. I am all for it.
            I am guessing the reason for the change is that the previous one, being larger, is more prone to tearing during the baggage handling process.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            I never check bags so I hadn't noticed. I thought the *A priority tags were almost standardised across the alliance? Have other airlines also changed to a smaller size?
            SQ's priority tags have "Business Class" and "First Class" blue/red colored parts at the end of the tags.

Originally posted by wdranne
            At least I'm guessing it'd actually be of use during baggage sortation and loading! On a side note, does anyone ever know if the bags on SQ are indeed sorted according to the priority tags? But from what I've noticed almost everyone has one!
            As was discussed here somewhere, I think the effectiveness of the priority tags depends on the airport. IMO overall SQ is pretty good about it.

Comment

I am guessing the reason for the change is that the previous one, being larger, is more prone to tearing during the baggage handling process.
              And I think that is smart, in addition to any other motives. The last two flights I took FRA-JFK in F, the tags got ripped off my bag and I had to wait for almost an hour on each occasion for my bag. A strong plastic/paper tag inserted into the destination label as with other *A Carriers seems to offer a much more sensible solution.
              Last edited by flymeroundthemoon; 16 July 2009, 01:03 AM.
              Round the Moon. And Back

Comment

Originally posted by flymeroundthemoon View Post
                A strong plastic/paper tag inserted into the destination label as with other *A Carriers seems to offer a much more sensible solution.
                That is how SQ priority tags work since the beginning of this thread.

Comment

Maybe he meant those labels that you grab off the check in counters.

Comment

Working...
                  X