No announcement yet.

Air Travel Bubble Flights between Singapore and Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's as good as the bubble have burst already. And we are already into a restricted lock down until 13 June.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      it's as good as the bubble have burst already. And we are already into a restricted lock down until 13 June.
      Qualitatively maybe.

But quantitatively, if the threshold hasn’t been breached, technically it can still proceed

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
        Qualitatively maybe.

But quantitatively, if the threshold hasn’t been breached, technically it can still proceed
        With 18 unlinked cases today, sure will be gone case.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
          With 18 unlinked cases today, sure will be gone case.
          i think it can be argued that until it is mathematically impossible to fulfil the criteria, it can technically still go on. But a lot of times is the qualitative aspect of whether it makes sense to proceed when you know that things may get worse.

Comment

It's HK side that will call it off in view of our high daily and imported cases. HK should be announcing soon.

Comment

https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1051700500.htm

Target date of inaugural flights under HK-Singapore Air Travel Bubble deferred

The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) announced today (May 17) that in view of the recent COVID-19 epidemic situation in Singapore, the Governments of the HKSAR and Singapore have decided to defer the target date of the inaugural flights under the bilateral Air Travel Bubble (ATB) scheduled for May 26.

A Government spokesman said that the two governments will continue to closely monitor the epidemic situation in both places, including the effectiveness of the enhanced anti-epidemic measures introduced by the Singapore Government, which have taken effect from yesterday (May 16) and would last till June 13. During this period, both sides will continue to maintain communication, exchange relevant data and statistics, and review developments closely before deciding on the way forward with the inaugural flights under the ATB. A further announcement will be made on or before June 13.

The spokesman stressed that both governments remain strongly committed to launching the ATB with a view to resuming air travel between the two regional aviation hubs and international cities in a gradual and orderly manner under a set of stringent public health control protocols.

Travellers who have already made bookings on designated flights during the period may wish to contact their airlines and adjust the itineraries according to their own circumstances.

For details of the ATB, please refer to the designated website: www.tourism.gov.hk/travelbubble.

Ends/Monday, May 17, 2021
              Issued at HKT 16:00

Comment

Each time they mention the words "travel bubble" it all goes pear shaped......best is just to forget about it until nothing can go wrong again.

Sadly, that means a further extension away from family.

Comment

After this 2 incidents of bubble burstings, people should not rush to get the first few flights out to avoid any further cancellations, unless its really an emergency that one must go to HK. However it was good that the bubble got cancelled before the first flight go thorough as if not and for example a lockdown comes either in SIN or HKG soon after the travel bubble, then thousands would not be able to get back to their respective cities.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    After this 2 incidents of bubble burstings, people should not rush to get the first few flights out to avoid any further cancellations, unless its really an emergency that one must go to HK. However it was good that the bubble got cancelled before the first flight go thorough as if not and for example a lockdown comes either in SIN or HKG soon after the travel bubble, then thousands would not be able to get back to their respective cities.
                    i think it's jinxed.

maybe instead of going directly from green lane arrangement to travel bubble.

they should enhanced the green lane to also include people who are travelling for family ties only and not for like "vacation".

that way maybe they remove the curse.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
                      i think it's jinxed.

maybe instead of going directly from green lane arrangement to travel bubble.

they should enhanced the green lane to also include people who are travelling for family ties only and not for like "vacation".

that way maybe they remove the curse.

I think that looks like a good compromise, and I think a combination or mix of vaccination status and testing can further determine how each traveller is handled.

There are several "important" reasons for travel, a jolly by a (v)blogger to "see what it's like to travel in a bubble, and stay in a hotel during COVID" isn't one of them. Likewise "I miss flying" isn't a good reason, especially as flying now is nothing like flying 2yrs ago.

"Vacation", well..... that could go both ways, mental health and all that, but I agree it's maybe not a good enough reason to fly. I see UK airports this week with people flying off to Green List countries, questioning if they can go Orange List countries, and I kinda thing WTF? Unlike Singapore, at least UK and Europe has plenty hinterland for internal travel and I worry they do the same as SG, initially mishandling arriving passengers and not separating flights by the Green/Orange origin of the flights.

Comment

• Any chance of a near-future revival, you all think?

When deferred last month, it was indicated that "Singapore and Hong Kong will ... review the new launch date of the ATB flights towards the end of Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) in Singapore."

Comment

• I feel they resume it, they shouldn't wait too long. As soon as the 14 days suspension is over they should just start it. if not will perpetually be jinxed.

Comment

• It's prudent to hold off any talk of a travel bubble until we have zero or between 1 or 2 infections daily for a couple of weeks. HK have been free of infection for the past 42 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                              It's prudent to hold off any talk of a travel bubble until we have zero or between 1 or 2 infections daily for a couple of weeks. HK have been free of infection for the past 42 days.
                              then once they agree. it might breakout again... jinxed.

Comment

• https://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/...1061000574.htm

The Governments of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) and Singapore will review in early July the target date of inaugural flights under the Hong Kong-Singapore Air Travel Bubble (ATB), taking into account the latest development of the COVID-19 epidemic situation in Singapore, which has been stabilising since early June. An announcement on the way forward would be made in early July.

Comment

Working...
                                X