Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting the Cockpit on SQ

Hi there,

I havn't flown SQ for a while now and I was just wondering if you are still allowed to visit the cockpit? Many airlines seem to have disallowed this.

Thanks,

nzguy
    Last edited by nzguy; 1 July 2007, 09:23 AM.

SQ'S the same. Cannae do it inflight for sure lah. Not for a while now. Don't know about on the ground though.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Don't know about on the ground though.
        In one of my flights, I saw someone got to see the cockpit while on the ground. Definitely was not in the US orr European soil.

Comment

On my first trip to Singapore, I slept in the Cockpit.

Comment

Haven't tried visiting SQ's cockpit...but tried the UA one (HKG-ORD)...while still on the ground before takeoff. Was on the upper-deck for that trip, so, paid a visit to the cockpit

Here's a pic:

Comment

I've always wanted to get a shot with the pilots in the flight deck. I suppose it's more appropriate to ask after arrival? I reckon the pilots would be busy with their pre-departure checks and stuff during general boarding?
              -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

It's been a couple years, but I have photos taken of six of us (SQTalkers) in the cockpit of an SQ 777 just after landing. It may vary by carrier, but I've found it's still easy enough with my (most frequent) airline to visit the cockpit while on the ground (some airlines restrict it to after landing). BTW, YK@HKG, I've been on flights with the UA Captain in your photo.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                  It's been a couple years, but I have photos taken of six of us (SQTalkers) in the cockpit of an SQ 777 just after landing. It may vary by carrier, but I've found it's still easy enough with my (most frequent) airline to visit the cockpit while on the ground (some airlines restrict it to after landing). BTW, YK@HKG, I've been on flights with the UA Captain in your photo.
                  Wow...the world is small after all

Comment

I've actually had a few inflight ones - all pre sep 11.

From the top of my head:
                    MH A333, including take off and landing from BKI to KUL
                    MH 734, landing in CNX
                    MH 744, take-off and landing from KUL to LHR
                    MH 744, landing in LHR
                    MH 744, landing in MEL
                    VS 343, landing in LHR
                    MH 744, landing in NRT
                    MH 744, take off and Landing from HKG to KUL

Sigh, those were the days! All you had to do was ask (nicely) - rarely got turned down. At the very worst, they'd allow you to visit during cruise.

Comment

You guys are lucky to visit the cockpit. I wonder if there's still a slim chance of going up there and visit the pilots if lucky. It would be nice to hear someone visiting a SQ cockpit. I have no chance to visit the cockpit.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        MH A333, including take off and landing from BKI to KUL
                        MH 734, landing in CNX
                        MH 744, take-off and landing from KUL to LHR
                        MH 744, landing in LHR
                        MH 744, landing in MEL
                        VS 343, landing in LHR
                        MH 744, landing in NRT
                        MH 744, take off and Landing from HKG to KUL
                        Hmm...7 out of 8 in MH...u have some connections in the upper-echelons at MH...hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                          Hmm...7 out of 8 in MH...u have some connections in the upper-echelons at MH...hehehehe
                          Nope. Back then you just asked and if they thought you were low risk, you'd usually get in.

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                            Wow...the world is small after all
                            I'll let CGK tell you (if he wishes) about our most recent UA SIN-HKG segment when the FO returned upstairs after completing the walkaround. I've also developed some favorites on their transpac routes; several FD crews I've flown with several times and one FA I've flown with five times. It's always nice to board a longhaul flight and be welcomed by familiar faces.
                            Last edited by cawhite; 2 July 2007, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments I'm flying with SQ in just over a month, so I'll see if I can get in

Comment

Working...
                              X