Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ponders View Post
    CGK-SIN i believe.

Prices have shot up instead and I think might be due to people leaving the country seeking either treatment or safety in Singapore.
    You mean seeking to import the virus to Singapore since their own government has got its head in the sand. Well we have to thank them for 11 months of haze free air after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      Both Australia and New Zealand have both put in self-isolation requirements on all international arrivals.
      Looks like AKL SQ281/282 cancelled from 17/3 to 28/3 (rest of northern winter season). SQ285/286 continuing as normal for now.

Many Australia routes likely to see reduced frequencies coming with the new restrictions announced there.

Comment

• Seem like SQ can cancelled most of their flights. No place to fly at all.
        AMercian airline said it is cancelling 75% of international flights.
        CX have already cancelled 75%. With Europe n australia imposing measures, think CX can also suspend operations.

Comment

• PPS connect was not in service earlier this morning and I headed over to Ion. At 920 am the queue was at least 200 people long and snaked one entire round across the 4th floor. Ion security was still ridiculously asking people to stand closer together. Left immediately and luckily the service came back up later.

Comment

• As Australia has announced all incoming passengers must self-isolate for 14 days, may I ask has this impacted any of the SIA flights, including has there any cancellations so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
              Seem like SQ can cancelled most of their flights. No place to fly at all.
              AMercian airline said it is cancelling 75% of international flights.
              CX have already cancelled 75%. With Europe n australia imposing measures, think CX can also suspend operations.
              Except Cargo.

I think airlines should consider increasing Cargo capacity, because with current travel restrictions, we already see even mail services are being suspended, which will affect the supply chain of the world and lead to major scares within the community.

Comment

• In view of the reduction and cancellations of passenger flights, air cargo rates have gone up 2 -3 times and those airlines with cargo planes are working full time. Even some airlines are using their wide boy passenger aircrafts just to carry cargo in the belly like even Scoot have done that. Airlines will be doing this more and at least some of these planes are able to fly and be productive instead of sitting on the tramac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Not You View Post
                  The up-gauging to A380 for SQ217/218 was a preplanned equipment change announced back on 1st Dec 2019 before the COVID-19 outbreak.
                  Yes and SQ did not change or downguage the A380 flights which meant that the pax load are still good. However with today's announcement by the Aust govt to have passengers self isolate themselves for 14 days upon arrival will see passenger numbers dropped and SQ may have to reduce its flights from now to even half of their frequencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
                    You mean seeking to import the virus to Singapore since their own government has got its head in the sand. Well we have to thank them for 11 months of haze free air after all.
                    Seriously, just ban Indonesians from coming to Singapore. If they turn up sick in droves, it will stress test our health system.

On a side note, I need to return to Singapore for a medical procedure...but I will be stuck in self-isolation if I return to Australia. The horror.

Comment

Seriously, just ban Indonesians from coming to Singapore. If they turn up sick in droves, it will stress test our health system.

On a side note, I need to return to Singapore for a medical procedure...but I will be stuck in self-isolation if I return to Australia. The horror.
                      Whoops. I spoke too soon. MOH just updated the advisory. ASEAN visitors are allowed entry but are subjected to a 14 days SHN. Short-term visitors who are ASEAN nationals will also be required to submit requisite health information for approval before travelling.

Travelers from UK, Japan and Switzerland are also subjected to a 14 day SHN.

Comment

Whoops. I spoke too soon. MOH just updated the advisory. ASEAN visitors are allowed entry but are subjected to a 14 days SHN. Short-term visitors who are ASEAN nationals will also be required to submit requisite health information for approval before travelling.

Travelers from UK, Japan and Switzerland are also subjected to a 14 day SHN.
                        That mean basically SQ can stop flying for the time being with more restrictions.
                        Just maintain some routes for cargo.

Comment

• Interestingly, I noted EK355 SIN-DXB is departing from Gate B7 tonight (T3 gate instead of the usual T1 C and D gates). Airport gate consolidation at work? I can’t imagine T1 being swamped in light of the extensive flight cancellations at SIN. Anyone with a better idea of what’s going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SML View Post
                            Interestingly, I noted EK355 SIN-DXB is departing from Gate B7 tonight (T3 gate instead of the usual T1 C and D gates). Airport gate consolidation at work? I can’t imagine T1 being swamped in light of the extensive flight cancellations at SIN. Anyone with a better idea of what’s going on?
                            Ideally if they were doing that, you'd think they centralize around T1 and T3, and allow T2 to shut down for upgrading works.

This thing is going to last a long enough time.
                            an infrastructure geek

Comment

• USA just added UK and Ireland to list of countries for travel ban.

"The ban will begin at midnight EST on Monday (04:00 GMT Tuesday), Vice-President Mike Pence announced."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51891662

This will have devastating effect on BA and VS.

Comment

• I think flights to Europe have been outright cancelled because they can’t do crew turnarounds (even if dead heading).
                                Whereas to nearer PVG/CAN/PEK ... maintaining 1x daily flight could purely be for cargo business.

Anyone has time to compile a list of flights NOT canceled (still operating as per schedule) for the months till end May? 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X