No announcement yet.

Coronavirus : Flight cancellations and contingencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally I recieved the cancelation notice, but my booking shows still as confirmed. Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
      Might be worthwhile getting the assurance in writing.
      Problem is now that Poland is locking down the country. Seem like Sunday flight out are cancelled. So he might need to find a earlier flight out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
        Finally I recieved the cancelation notice, but my booking shows still as confirmed. Hilarious.
        Which month is your original flight in? I haven’t yet received any word from SQ on my supposedly cancelled flights in Apr and May. I don’t want to waste hours calling SQ and I’m sure they have more urgent re-bookings for March to attend to.

Comment

• The Danish border is closing, surely that must have a big impact on SQ351/SQ352?
          Singapore Airlines fan in Sweden.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
            The Danish border is closing, surely that must have a big impact on SQ351/SQ352?
            SQ352/351 is cancelled from 16MAR20 through 31MAY20.

Poland is also doing the same/similar and LOT Polish Airlines have suspended all their flights for a period of 10 days.
            Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQavgeek View Post
              The Danish border is closing, surely that must have a big impact on SQ351/SQ352?
              It is not a closed border but restricted access to non-Danish citizens and does not affect transit, and SQ has a codeshare agreement across Scandinavia with SAS. However demand on the route must very quickly be coming close to zero I imagine, Norway and Denmark are asking citizens to not travel at the moment.

I just tried to change my D class ticket on SQ352 a couple of days ago and the change fee (250 dollars I believe) was not waived for my flight next week, perhaps I should have waited it out but it was a business trip and corporate travel ban was put in place so it had to be done.

I would expect another wave of cancellations of European flight soon, this looks to get worse before it gets better.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
                Dear kevin-sg,

Do you have a link for this new restriction? ))

Many thanks!
                https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highligh...covid-19-cases

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  Qantas cuts in flights from Aust to SIN will be good news to SQ as SQ still operating almost the same flights as like to MEL and even upgraded to an A380 last couple of days too.
                  The up-gauging to A380 for SQ217/218 was a preplanned equipment change announced back on 1st Dec 2019 before the COVID-19 outbreak.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Cancellations so far:

BCN SQ388/SQ387 16MAR - 31MAY

CDG SQ336/SQ335 16MAR - 31MAY
                    CDG SQ334/SQ333 16MAR - 31MAY

DUS SQ338/SQ337 16MAR - 31 MAY

FRA SQ326/SQ325 17MAR - 31 MAY

MUC SQ328/SQ327 17MAR - 31 MAY
                    This is now official with extras as below. With the US now adding the UK to the list that will surely have an affect on SQ51/52, which may go the same way or terminate/turnaround at MAN until that also gets canned.

Singapore Airlines on Friday (13MAR20) announced cancellations on various routes to Europe, due to recent travel restriction issued by the Singaporean Authority. Affected routes as follow.

Singapore – Barcelona 16MAR20 – 31MAY20 2-3 weekly cancelled
                    Singapore – Dusseldorf 17MAR20 – 30MAY20 3 weekly cancelled
                    Singapore – Frankfurt 16MAR20 – 31MAY20 1 daily cancelled
                    Singapore – Frankfurt – New York JFK 17MAR20 – 31MAY20 1 daily cancelled
                    Singapore – Milan Malpensa 08MAR20 – 31MAY20 3-4 weekly cancelled
                    Singapore – Milan Malpensa – Barcelona 07MAR20 – 30MAY20 2-3 weekly cancelled
                    Singapore – Munich 17MAR20 – 31MAY20 1 daily cancelled
                    Singapore – Paris CDG
                    16MAR20 – 28MAR20 10 weekly cancelled
                    29MAR20 – 31MAY20 7 weekly cancelled

The airline has cancelled various flights to Europe, detailed changes will appear on Airlineroute in the next few days.
                    https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-13mar20/
                    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 15 March 2020, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• I’ve not seen any information regarding AMS or ZRH. I’m assuming it’s just a matter of time? MAN-IAH will now go the way of FRA-JFK most likely as the UK has just been added to the US travel ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                        Are there any flights still doing well?
                        CGK-SIN i believe.

Prices have shot up instead and I think might be due to people leaving the country seeking either treatment or safety in Singapore.

Comment

• Actually when China was having the outbreak, SQ still maintain 1 flight per day to PEK/SHA.

Not sure why SQ is isn’t maintaining some frequency to FRA/CDG? Maybe alternate days.
                          Is it because of the crew issue ? As they can’t do turnaround.

Comment

• SIA will drop the Moscow to Stockholm leg of SQ362/361 and operate turnaround flights between Singapore and Moscow from 16MAR20.

On a separate note, SIA will be operating SQ866/865 as a cargo only flight to HKG today with B77W. SQ866/865 on 15MAR20 was listed as cancelled in the PDF containing the full list of SIA flight cancellations.
                            Last edited by Not You; 15 March 2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                              Actually when China was having the outbreak, SQ still maintain 1 flight per day to PEK/SHA.

Not sure why SQ is isn’t maintaining some frequency to FRA/CDG? Maybe alternate days.
                              Is it because of the crew issue ? As they can’t do turnaround.
                              The situation in Europe is out of control. To date they mostly do not screen passengers at the airports or anywhere else incl hotels. Too risky to send crews over I would guess.

Comment

• Both Australia and New Zealand have both put in self-isolation requirements on all international arrivals.

Comment

Working...
                                X