Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear kevin-sg,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, SQ only announced cancellations to Rome days after all flights were already taken off the website, thus my original confusion ))

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      You take a look at SQ schedule to Australia like Perth, Mel and SYD - SQ is maintaining most of its flights and SQ is very popular for Aussies travelling than over Qantas. However with the current situation being fluid over the next few weeks/months, things can change fairly quickly.
      I don't think you are quite getting the current situation mate. It's irrelevant how many flights they are operating if the numbers on them have fallen off a cliff. See my post in another thread about how there was less than 40 pax on an A380 JFK-FRA.

Try telling SQ Management they have good news at the moment, and make sure you duck when you say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
        I believe that lots of Aussie passengers transit in SIN on SQ flights to/from European destinations. With the travel restrictions announced by the Singapore govt for arrival and transit passengers from Germany, France and Spain from 16-Mar, flight cancellations to/from Australian cities will likely to happen soon.
        Dear kevin-sg,

Do you have a link for this new restriction? ))

Many thanks!

Comment

• New Singapore restrictions from Germany (advice appreciated)

Dear SQTalkers,

I hear that Singapore will stop transit passengers from Germany from Sunday at 11.59pm.

I have a flight from Poland to Sydney (via Munich and Singapore). I will transit in Munich airport, arriving in Singapore on 16 March morning to connect directly to Sydney.

Will this affect me? or does "transit" mean something else?

Many thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            Are there any flights still doing well?
            Do you seriously expect that ?. Read or watch the news. You'll get the odd one here or there where people rush to beat a lockdown, but as rule it's a disaster at the moment. I said a few weeks ago that SQ people told me bookings were falling off a cliff on many routes, and the situation globally has got a lot worse since then.

Comment

• Yes, it does. You need to contact SQ or your TA if you booked through one of them. They 'may' be able to route you through another European gateway but there is the chance more of those will be added to the list over the coming days and weeks.

Good luck!.

Comment

• Dear MAN Flyer,

Thank you, really appreciate your prompt reply. I've been on hold with SQ (ticket bought directly) for 1hr10mins, I'll keep holding. Gulp! Need to get home

Comment

• I believe CDG is about to be pulled completely, possibly until the end of May.

Comment

• Hi All, I've tried calling SQ now three times (re. the new block from passengers transiting through SIN on flights from Germany-Australia!). My flight is on Sunday GDN-MUC-SIN-SYD booked directly with SQ. Each time I stay on hold for exactly 1hr20mins and then it gets cut off. I don't know what else to do. I've tried also writing to them on Facebook, but no replies there either. Would appreciate any suggestions!

Comment

• Cancellations so far:

BCN SQ388/SQ387 16MAR - 31MAY

CDG SQ336/SQ335 16MAR - 31MAY
                      CDG SQ334/SQ333 16MAR - 31MAY

DUS SQ338/SQ337 16MAR - 31 MAY

FRA SQ326/SQ325 17MAR - 31 MAY

MUC SQ328/SQ327 17MAR - 31 MAY
                      Dates refer to ex-SIN

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Cancellations so far:

Dates refer to ex-SIN
                        Hope they upload this soon. SQ325 still remains confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
                          Hi All, I've tried calling SQ now three times (re. the new block from passengers transiting through SIN on flights from Germany-Australia!). My flight is on Sunday GDN-MUC-SIN-SYD booked directly with SQ. Each time I stay on hold for exactly 1hr20mins and then it gets cut off. I don't know what else to do. I've tried also writing to them on Facebook, but no replies there either. Would appreciate any suggestions!
                          Dear all,

To update you, obviously one of my Facebook messages or emails to Singapore Airlines got through to someone.

A representative (I have their name but will not write here for privacy reasons)*from Singapore Airlines called me now and assured me that I will not be affected by the Germany travel ban as although my flight is transiting through Munich from Gdańsk in Poland:*1) I have not been in Germany in the last 14 days & 2) I am an Australian citizen returning directly home. I hope this information helps anyone else in the same situation.

Comment

Dear all,

To update you, obviously one of my Facebook messages or emails to Singapore Airlines got through to someone.

A representative (I have their name but will not write here for privacy reasons)*from Singapore Airlines called me now and assured me that I will not be affected by the Germany travel ban as although my flight is transiting through Munich from Gdańsk in Poland:*1) I have not been in Germany in the last 14 days & 2) I am an Australian citizen returning directly home. I hope this information helps anyone else in the same situation.
                            Might be worthwhile getting the assurance in writing.

Comment

• What we are witnessing is unprecedented in commercial aviation history. Past events like 9/11 and financial crisis were restricted geographically and demographically.

This was initially restricted geographically but has now begun to bloom to a worldwide pandemic. With governments putting on restrictions, no amount of market simulation is going to help.

It would only get worse and many airlines survival is at stake. Those that are not nimble are going to end up biting the dust.

Comment

Dear all,

I submitted a PPS callback request at 5pm since my CDG flight is now cancelled. No callback till now. They must be completely swamped.

Comment

Working...
                                X