SQ to move to T3 at Jakarta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boy View Post
    I still see a lot of airlines using Terminal 2. Just now, apart from SIA, I saw the big 3 middle eastern carriers. Saw a lot more airlines on the departure board.

The SIA staff told me the same thing: they will only move next year.
    Also EVA as far as I know
    visit my blog

Comment

Looks like 28 November for the move to T3.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Will there be a dedicated SilverKris lounge in T3?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKU View Post
          I was told no when I asked one of the senior ladies last week.

Comment

As Short Final says unfortunately there isn't. Not yet anyway. They are pushing for one but not getting very far at the moment so its the Plaza Premium Lounge for now.

Comment

As Short Final says unfortunately there isn't. Not yet anyway. They are pushing for one but not getting very far at the moment so its the Plaza Premium Lounge for now.
              That is unfortunate. Is there still going to be a designated immigration counter before entry to the lounge? Found that always extremely convenient!

Comment

That is unfortunate. Is there still going to be a designated immigration counter before entry to the lounge? Found that always extremely convenient!
                The Plaza Premium lounge is located near gate 5 while the immigration counter is near gate 9 and 10, unfortunately, it seems there won't be special counter like those in terminal 2 but I think there should be fast track for premium passengers.

Comment

Was asking on 2 november too. She was ranting to me. No fast track, only 7 check in counters.

I was asking about the lounge. I said that in the domestic terminal, everybody can see who is inside the lounge. I said no privacy at all, and the point of having a lounge is privacy. The lady smile and said we still don’t know but that is what likely to happen. Mind that i never been to international terminal 3, so i don’t know anything about plaza lounge.

Oh yes, i just took sq968 which disembarked at terminal 2f domestic, and then bussed to terminal 2e. Is this usual? Preparation to move? I’ve been flying sq for 20 years and never before being bussed in cgk or anywhere else, except NGO.
                  Last edited by 726; 6 November 2018, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    Oh yes, i just took sq968 which disembarked at terminal 2f domestic, and then bussed to terminal 2e. Is this usual? Preparation to move? I’ve been flying sq for 20 years and never before being bussed in cgk or anywhere else, except NGO.
                    in the past 3 months, I had to use stairs and got bussed upon arrival at CGK in 5 out of 7 flights with SQ. I asked check in staffs, and apparently it's because half of the international terminal is closed since more and more airlines already moved to T3. Switched to GA lately to avoid that arrival inconvenience..

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                      When did you take SQ968? On 2-Nov? If it is, the plane parked at Terminal 2E (not 2F), it used to be used by Garuda International. The passengers were ferried to Terminal 2D.

I think it was not rare (not sure if this is common). I took SQ968 like 4-5 times this year and I remember this was the second time the bird parked not in T2D.

Anyway if you take SQ962, it is the same issue. I took SQ963 few times, and it alaways departed form E1 and yesterday it was from E5.
                      visit my blog

Comment

• I took SQ951 on 3 Nov (the inbound of the flight you mentioned, SQ968 on 2 Nov) from gate E2.
                        For SQ968, the one I took was on 5 November. Parked in T2F, and we were ferried to T2E.

It was quite unusual for SQ to be parked at 2E, except in hari raya holiday, but it is getting common, and that was also the first time it was parked at domestic terminal and for the first time too, bussed to other terminal. The arrival process was done in 2E as well. I cannot recall when was the last time I actually arrive at 2D.

As mentioned by frolic as well, but I am curious if it was parked at domestic 2F or if it was parked at 2E and bussed to 2D

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                          I took SQ951 on 3 Nov (the inbound of the flight you mentioned, SQ968 on 2 Nov) from gate E2.
                          For SQ968, the one I took was on 5 November. Parked in T2F, and we were ferried to T2E.

It was quite unusual for SQ to be parked at 2E, except in hari raya holiday, but it is getting common, and that was also the first time it was parked at domestic terminal and for the first time too, bussed to other terminal. The arrival process was done in 2E as well. I cannot recall when was the last time I actually arrive at 2D.

As mentioned by frolic as well, but I am curious if it was parked at domestic 2F or if it was parked at 2E and bussed to 2D
                          why they ferried you to T2E? The formalities and bags are in T2D. Are you sure you collect baggage and clear the formalities in T2E?

I normally will take SQ963 back as much as I can as this is A359 plane. This used to be weekend only flight and with the winter schedule it is now daily. I asked the staff and he confirmed that SQ963 always park in E gate (most of the time E1, not sure why it is E5), as D gates are all occupied.

Actually E gate is better as it is just behind the immigration and I was terribly late for the last 2 flights and no time to go to lounge. If you are visiting lounge, yes, E gate is terrible
                          visit my blog

Comment

• Out of topic, but couldn’t find a better thread for this.

CGK is getting the A350 Regional from 18 Dec on SQ964/965. Filling in gaps between ADL flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                              why they ferried you to T2E? The formalities and bags are in T2D. Are you sure you collect baggage and clear the formalities in T2E?

I normally will take SQ963 back as much as I can as this is A359 plane. This used to be weekend only flight and with the winter schedule it is now daily. I asked the staff and he confirmed that SQ963 always park in E gate (most of the time E1, not sure why it is E5), as D gates are all occupied.
                              Definitely the bus stops among E gates. I just realised that my last SQ flight before that was in July, and am not sure whether i arrived at D or E that time. But recently I arrived in E gates probably on account that I am using ANA. So I am not sure about SQ arrival terminal between July and November, but that 5 November SQ968 is unusual considering I never got bussed by SQ except in Nagoya.

Yes, SQ962/SQ963 was actually my favourite way of connecting from SQ319/322. Back then it was SQ162/163. Even my luggage lock code is 162 and 319. Lol
                              They tend to get the newest of the new. Back then, it was A345.
                              Last edited by 726; 9 November 2018, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
                                Out of topic, but couldn’t find a better thread for this.

CGK is getting the A350 Regional from 18 Dec on SQ964/965. Filling in gaps between ADL flights.
                                Yes, just noticed that too when redeeming flight for May next year. I was rather hoping they replace SQ968/951’s 772, or even other 773 flights. Ultimately i did not choose it as the timing is terrible. On the plus side I am going to try B78X business class.

Comment

Working...
                                X