SQ continues to upset customers in 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    Emirates not extreme enough on the low end.
    I'll remain vague on whether I meant the airline or the country.

Comment

More bad press

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9788?cid=FBcna

But since when is wearing gold necklaces and bangles illegal?

http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/24/emirat...in-uk-7258637/

But not as bad as this
      Last edited by EWR; 25 January 2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...9788?cid=FBcna

But since when is wearing gold necklaces and bangles illegal?
        I believe Indian law requires you to declare any gold valued above S$1k (approx). He was wearing over a kilo of it - current price about US$43k/kg.

Comment

I believe Indian law requires you to declare any gold valued above S$1k (approx). He was wearing over a kilo of it - current price about US$43k/kg.
          It'll be interesting if Kanye or Jay-Z visited India.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
            It'll be interesting if Kanye or Jay-Z visited India.
            Haha

Comment

CNA Commentary

Hi all! My first post on SQTalk

Just want to share this interesting read with you guys

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...hating-9899214

Comment

Originally posted by SQ865 View Post

Welcome! SQ865 is one of my favourite flights.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ865 View Post

Welcome SQ865. It's interesting that an executive editor in CNA picked up on Straits Times' Senior Av Correspondent's comments and passed that off as the complaints of 'many' Singaporeans. I do think that SQ has made some blunders lately, and some criticism is not misplaced

Comment

http://milelion.com/2018/01/28/cnas-...oint-entirely/

Comment

Thanks for sharing, finally somebody who can write a proper article with arguments and a conclusion.

Comment

Yes, a well thought out and articulated article.

We all know, from reading comments on social media, that the internet mob is both fickle and merciless, churning out judgments without the facts or an understanding of it (I plea guilty). But there are valid issues that SQ's senior management need to answer for to its customers and shareholders (confession: am both).

Comment

Yes, a well thought out and articulated article.

We all know, from reading comments on social media, that the internet mob is both fickle and merciless, churning out judgments without the facts or an understanding of it (I plea guilty). But there are valid issues that SQ's senior management need to answer for to its customers and shareholders (confession: am both).
                          It's unfortunate that the article is not well researched and doesn't hint at things that management should look into.

The author is obviously of the opinion that it is okay for SQ to include insurance in their tickets without checking whether there is fair and open disclosure (and that's actually not the case). She closes out the point by stating that SQ has started this practice last year already...

SQ is still getting more things right than wrong and SQ is still the best way to fly. SQ management should be mindful that the passenger experience still needs to be on top of everything and there seems to be no senior management voice fighting passionately for what makes SQ unique.

Comment

looking at their pricing, it is difficult for Singapore based customer to book SQ esp for those economy standard price/seat...

randomly look up some fares..
                            the fares for sydney to tokyo (and return) for economy standard is cheaper than singapore to tokyo (and return) for economy standard (same departure /return flight to tokyo on both enquiry)...

even for economy lite, it is also only $100 cheaper per pax for the fare from SIN TO NRT as compare to the economy standard from SYD to NRT...

same for those going for sydney to taipei and return..
                            economy lite fare from sin to taipei is around S$600 to $700 per pax., economy standard fare is around S$1100 per pax..(around S$400different between lite and standard fare)

but economy lite fare from sydney to taipei (and return) is also S$1094 per pax...while economy standard fare from sydney to taipei is S$1149..(only slight different between lite and standard)

Comment

It takes me twice longer to book a flight on SQ website now! Have anyone noticed that? The speed it takes to refresh and the pages of Add-On's is not helping also.

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                                looking at their pricing, it is difficult for Singapore based customer to book SQ esp for those economy standard price/seat...

randomly look up some fares..
                                the fares for sydney to tokyo (and return) for economy standard is cheaper than singapore to tokyo (and return) for economy standard (same departure /return flight to tokyo on both enquiry)...

even for economy lite, it is also only $100 cheaper per pax for the fare from SIN TO NRT as compare to the economy standard from SYD to NRT...

same for those going for sydney to taipei and return..
                                economy lite fare from sin to taipei is around S$600 to $700 per pax., economy standard fare is around S$1100 per pax..(around S$400different between lite and standard fare)

but economy lite fare from sydney to taipei (and return) is also S$1094 per pax...while economy standard fare from sydney to taipei is S$1149..(only slight different between lite and standard)
                                It's always been the case that ex-SIN fares are usually more expensive. For eg. LHR-SIN-LHR could be had for about GBP 500 which is slightly less than a thousand in SGD whereas the cheapest SIN-LHR return is usually 1.3k in Y.

Only sectors like NRT-LAX which have high demand (surprising, considering the competition) are much more expensive relative to SIN-NRT-LAX.

Comment

Working...
                                X