9V-SQK partially burnt after tow-tug catches fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Suites View Post

From a source in SIA - the aircraft is written off.
    Banx007 or anybody who seems to have sources within SiAEC confirm this? It is really sad if this is it especially since the damage did not seem that bad on pictures. I am also thinking age, cycles (regional bird), lack of demand for old 772s and the fact that SQ seems to have gotten so many new aircraft plays a huge part. I bet a 77W in similar condition would have gotten fixed e.g. SWB

Flew this aircraft last year on SQ422 and really sad if she is written off

Comment

SQ228 , par excellence performance of the kind by Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn! Like sipping an extra dry martini.

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post
        Banx007 or anybody who seems to have sources within SiAEC confirm this? It is really sad if this is it especially since the damage did not seem that bad on pictures. I am also thinking age, cycles (regional bird), lack of demand for old 772s and the fact that SQ seems to have gotten so many new aircraft plays a huge part. I bet a 77W in similar condition would have gotten fixed e.g. SWB

Pretty sure the avionics bay got fried as it's in the belly of the plane to the rear of the flight deck.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
          SQ228 , par excellence performance of the kind by Antony Jay and Jonathan Lynn! Like sipping an extra dry martini.
          SQ228, is yours shaken or stirred....

Comment

Originally posted by tth_ben View Post
            SQ228, is yours shaken or stirred....
            I like to keep people guessing.

Comment

If SQK gets written off, it’s going to be the first aircraft to get scrapped at Changi am I correct?
              What are they gonna do...Park her somewhere and take apart for spare parts over the years?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Sweetchuck View Post
                Pretty sure the avionics bay got fried as it's in the belly of the plane to the rear of the flight deck.
                From the pics, it seems like the fire had not breached the hull. So the avionics bay should be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                  If SQK gets written off, it’s going to be the first aircraft to get scrapped at Changi am I correct?
                  What are they gonna do...Park her somewhere and take apart for spare parts over the years?
                  Both of Jett8 747s were written off in Changi. One serves as a training prop for the airport firefighters near Changi airbase. The other disappeared after a few years languishing at the remote bays in Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by hviswanathan View Post

That was my thought as well. If it does get written off, I wonder what will happen to the ex-2006 77W seats that were recently installed as well? I hope it can get repaired eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      That was my thought as well. If it does get written off, I wonder what will happen to the ex-2006 77W seats that were recently installed as well? I hope it can get repaired eventually.
                      Yes, I am confident that SQ management will also be trying to work out what they can do with those 2006 seats if they do loose the aircraft. Any thoughts on this SQ228?

Comment

If it does get written off, then we’re looking at the only two aircraft from SQ ever written off as two “K”s

9V-SPK
                        9V-SQK

How does that work for an airline superstitious with its aircraft regos

Comment

Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                          If it does get written off, then we’re looking at the only two aircraft from SQ ever written off as two “K”s

9V-SPK
                          9V-SQK

How does that work for an airline superstitious with its aircraft regos
                          Wow never thought of that... That's kind of a spooky "coincidence" isn't it...

And if you examine the list further, assuming SQK is really going to be written off, then first we have SPK, now SQK (note P followed by Q), does that mean they will stop having an SRK in the future to "break" the chain...?

Comment

Originally posted by vasqflyer View Post
                            Yes, I am confident that SQ management will also be trying to work out what they can do with those 2006 seats if they do loose the aircraft. Any thoughts on this SQ228?
                            Well a sensible person using logic would suggest that given they have 19 sets of ex-77W 2006 Y seats, and it is probably unlikely that they will end up using all of them, they would leave them in SQK so as not to incur additional labour costs of stripping them out.

But leaving that aside, I have heard that they plan to use the seats on the white beeping passenger buggies around the terminal. After a number of collisions and near misses with Gucci handbags, Changi management are keen to improve safety by installing aircraft-grade seat-belts and seat structures allowing for the brace position. This will allow the cart drivers to stop faster and avoid the collisions with these handbags, as the damage payouts involving such have been steadily increasing insurance premiums for the airport.

Passengers using these transportation services have also complained of boredom during their long journeys between gates, so the IFE will allow them to watch their favourite episode of Big Bang Theory or Two-and-a-half Men and other mind-numbing shows. This will also pacify them through the tense times of wondering if they will or won't make their connection.

Comment

For those not in the know, SQ228 is a senior member of SQ's Transformation Office that was formed to bring about the radical changes needed. I would like to thank him immensely for leaking information on future projects that both the airline and Changi are embarking on. We are privileged to be receiving privileged information.
                              Last edited by CarbonMan; 11 December 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Passengers using these transportation services have also complained of boredom during their long journeys between gates, so the IFE will allow them to watch their favourite episode of Big Bang Theory or Two-and-a-half Men and other mind-numbing shows. This will also pacify them through the tense times of wondering if they will or won't make their connection.
                                Wow!! Will this IFE have a 3D map of changi airport? I'd love that.

Comment

Working...
                                X