Singapore Airlines to finalize $13.8 billion Boeing order next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    If A350 to replace long haul B777-300ERs, then we are not having first class to Europe and Amercias? So a surrender to Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Cathay Pacific?
    If i'm not mistaken, SQ has options to convert a part of their huge A350 order to A350-1000s, which will be the true 77W replacements. Those should probably have a single row of 4 F i suppose...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      There're now 37 regional config SQ birds left as of 1/Oct (5x 773, 10x 772 & 22 A333) so the 49x 787-10s would be more than enough to cover them and allow for growth.
      How soon are all these 787s going to arrive though? We also have an additional 10 772s that are currently performing regional work even though they are long haul configured. If this is a long-term order, some of these planes might even be designated to replace current 77Ws, many of which do regional work, when they reach 15 or 16 years.

I'm going to bet that SQ has written as many options and conversions as they possibly can into these deals so that flexibility is maximised. I'm waiting until I see at least one new seat map before I guess much else.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        How soon are all these 787s going to arrive though?.
        5-7 in 2018 if I'm not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          5-7 in 2018 if I'm not wrong.
          I'm sure that's correct. I'm just thinking more of how long the full order of 49 will take to deliver, just like the 40+ A350s we are yet to see.

I'm really hoping the 5 or more 787s in 2018 don't just arrive to replace 5 departing A330s...

Comment

If A350 to replace long haul B777-300ERs, then we are not having first class to Europe and Amercias? So a surrender to Emirates, Etihad, Qatar and Cathay Pacific?
            One day F will be gone. It is slowly disappearing. Just look how they slashed the F cabin on the 77W

I have been thinking that B787-10 will replace B777-300 (Non-ERs) and the rest of the fleet of A350-900 should be sufficient to replace A330s?
            49 787-10 on order to replace 5 777-300?

Comment

Originally posted by pokfur View Post
              If i'm not mistaken, SQ has options to convert a part of their huge A350 order to A350-1000s, which will be the true 77W replacements. Those should probably have a single row of 4 F i suppose...
              Maybe. I am not 100% sure but doesn't the A350-1000 have less range than the 77W?

I'm sure that's correct. I'm just thinking more of how long the full order of 49 will take to deliver, just like the 40+ A350s we are yet to see.

I'm really hoping the 5 or more 787s in 2018 don't just arrive to replace 5 departing A330s...
              Unfortunately I think that will be the case.

Comment

How soon are all these 787s going to arrive though?
                http://www.straitstimes.com/world/un...irlines-boeing

This new order of 787's is going to be delivered from the 20-21 financial year.
                I would assume the first order of 30 will be delivered before that, that's an average of 10 a year, the first of which will be arriving around the start of the next financial year. They seem to be getting about 10 A350's year as well.
                So 60 new aircraft over the next 3 financial years? one almost every 2.5 weeks.

Comment

Also just heard this on Fox News, but also this source also points out SQ's Boeing deal:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ion/791195001/

Clearly, it says they finalized an order for 20 777-9s and 19 787-10 Dreamliners. Just like when they ordered the 77Ws, for both of these aircraft, they have six options for each, depending on the decision, can go from a total of 39 to 51 of these aircraft.

The article also states the 777-9s are planning to replace longhaul routes but delivery is coming in the 2021-2022 fiscal year, while the Dreamliners will be coming a year earlier. Looking forward to this.

Comment

Boeing Press release: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2017-10-...r-39-Airplanes

Nothing more than confirming the earlier LOI...

Comment

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Also just heard this on Fox News, but also this source also points out SQ's Boeing deal:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ion/791195001/

Clearly, it says they finalized an order for 20 777-9s and 19 787-10 Dreamliners. Just like when they ordered the 77Ws, for both of these aircraft, they have six options for each, depending on the decision, can go from a total of 39 to 51 of these aircraft.

The article also states the 777-9s are planning to replace longhaul routes but delivery is coming in the 2021-2022 fiscal year, while the Dreamliners will be coming a year earlier. Looking forward to this.
                      "Clearly"? This really isn't news at this point; there's nothing we don't know already. The commitment, including the options, was announced earlier in February this year and it was all quite clear.

Actually, it was firmed up from a LOI a few months ago, privately. There's a page listing Boeing's customers, past and present (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/#/orders-deliveries) and at time of posting, if you look under "unidentified customers" you'll see this:

19 787-10 (with RR engines)...who could it be I wonder.
                      The 20 777X is hidden within the 30 unidentified.

Searching under SQ, the only outstanding order is the initial order for 30 787-10:

This formal order-signing is merely a strategic photo-op for Singapore.
                      Last edited by Jumbojet Lover; 24 October 2017, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Clearly, it says they finalized
                        You seem to enjoy coming here. Don't ruin it for yourself by upsetting other members.

Comment

...heard this on Fox News...
                          Glad to see you getting information from a FAIR USA source!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                          X