Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Airlines schedules 787-10 Denpasar service from July 2018

Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
    Bali (DPS) flights on the 787-10 also added - daily as SQ942/943 replacing A333 from 2nd July.
    and the RoutesOnline post:
    https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2018/

They also noted the error on the MNL article but still posted the wrong flight number.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      and the RoutesOnline post:
      https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rom-july-2018/

They also noted the error on the MNL article but still posted the wrong flight number.
      It is wrong indeed. They can keep a 787 overnight and return it to SIN next day mornint (i.e. MNL, CGK) but not for an extremely long period of time.

Comment

• The next 787 destination will be Bali starting 2nd July. Seems quite a number of destinations for the 787s for now until SIA receives more next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          The next 787 destination will be Bali starting 2nd July. Seems quite a number of destinations for the 787s for now until SIA receives more next year.
          The 787-10's from this point are replacing mostly the A330's so I wonder how many A330 we will have leaving from this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            The 787-10's from this point are replacing mostly the A330's so I wonder how many A330 we will have leaving from this point.
            Well you can just keep wondering if you can't be bothered to read posts in the SQ Fleet thread over the past week that outline that information in exacting detail. You post in there constantly but expect us all to repeat basic facts that have been extensively covered in recent days.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
              The next 787 destination will be Bali starting 2nd July. Seems quite a number of destinations for the 787s for now until SIA receives more next year.
              So there will be better seats for flights to DPS than to IST and CHC - I still don't get this SQ logic.

Comment

• SIA will be upgrading CHC with its A350 from 7 Jan 2019. As progessively more A350s (inc regional planes) and 787s from yext year, most destinations will see such upgraded aircrafts being used as the 772s will be retiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by happyflyer View Post
                  So there will be better seats for flights to DPS than to IST and CHC - I still don't get this SQ logic.
                  It must be rostering issues. Simple - not enough planes yet to be sent on these long hauls.

On a separate note, I think IST and CHC have decent products compared to some other horrible red eyes with 330 like WLG, BLR, AMD or even ICN flights. These desperately need cabin product upgrade.

Comment

• I'm surprised the overnight flight pair to MNL has been chosen for the 787. This is the same timeslot needed if they were to cover NGO or FUK. Over 8 hours on the tarmac away from SIN for a new plane is rather unusual. DPS is another unusual choice- one out of four flights to a largely tourist destination.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                      I'm surprised the overnight flight pair to MNL has been chosen for the 787. This is the same timeslot needed if they were to cover NGO or FUK. Over 8 hours on the tarmac away from SIN for a new plane is rather unusual. DPS is another unusual choice- one out of four flights to a largely tourist destination.
                      That’s so right! The MNL turn could have been BLR : business heavy destination which is always ridiculously full at the front end. They could get away with lousy products for all these years in absence of good competition. It’s a punishing 4 hour red eye some more.

DPS also could have been CGK instead. Or some HKG flights need to be upgraded for consistency.

Indeed not quite understand what’s the logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        That’s so right! The MNL turn could have been BLR : business heavy destination which is always ridiculously full at the front end. They could get away with lousy products for all these years in absence of good competition. It’s a punishing 4 hour red eye some more.

DPS also could have been CGK instead. Or some HKG flights need to be upgraded for consistency.

Indeed not quite understand what’s the logic.
                        My take on this is that the 787 is being deployed there for its high density, especially in economy class. July is the peak summer season and DPS flights will be packed full of transit passengers. The night-stop MNL flights may seem like an odd choice for Singaporeans but I constantly see them sell out faster than the other MNL flights (J class included), especially SQ915, likely to be filled up with many connecting passengers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                          Yes, plus a one-off SQ910/917 flight on 3rd July for a promotional flight. If balloons and cake are your thing...
                          YAS I happened to be booked on SQ910 on 3rd July!! Hope I get a pretty balloon It’ll be my first SQ 78J flight whee!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                            On a separate note, I think IST and CHC have decent products compared to some other horrible red eyes with 330 like WLG, BLR, AMD or even ICN flights. These desperately need cabin product upgrade.
                            Agree with this. Hopefully, they will switch out the A333 sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
                              Agree with this. Hopefully, they will switch out the A333 sooner.
                              It depends on which cabin you're sitting in though. (I know most people on here are in J).

The 772ER has without doubt the worst Y product in the fleet, assigned to 10-11 hour flights to IST or CHC. From a J perspective, the 772ER is almost as good as what's in most A380s- just old IFE and lack of charging and wifi.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                It depends on which cabin you're sitting in though. (I know most people on here are in J).

The 772ER has without doubt the worst Y product in the fleet, assigned to 10-11 hour flights to IST or CHC. From a J perspective, the 772ER is almost as good as what's in most A380s- just old IFE and lack of charging and wifi.
                                I know some who like the 772ER's extremely wide J seats. I personally find them abit too wide and 'roomy' though. No comments on Y as I have not tried them before.

Comment

Working...
                                X